Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Taiyoku?

Style
    TKD, wrestling, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Taiyoku?

Has anyone heard of Taiyoku?

I followed one of the google adds up above to a website where the head instructor claims he has a 6th degree blackbelt in Taiyoku, further states that this is a mixed martial art.

I've never heard of this before and after a google search I have yet to find anything that really says any additional information.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"
    Style
    CMA, MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    Has anyone heard of Taiyoku?

I followed one of the google adds up above to a website where the head instructor claims he has a 6th degree blackbelt in Taiyoku, further states that this is a mixed martial art.

I've never heard of this before and after a google search I have yet to find anything that really says any additional information.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Because it's more than one art mixed together. At least that's what he probably claims. So it's technically a Mixed Martial Art, but nothing you'd want a piece of.

Style
    This and that
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Closest spelling I know of. From Wikipedia:

"The Taikyoku series is a series of kata in use in several types of karate. "Taikyoku" is translated as "first course" or "basic ultimate." The Taikyoku kata were developed by Gichin Funakoshi as a way to simplify the principles of the already simplified Pinan/Heian series."

Link?

Style
    Inept BJJer
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775

"The Taikyoku series is a series of kata in use in several types of karate. "Taikyoku" is translated as "first course" or "basic ultimate." The Taikyoku kata were developed by Gichin Funakoshi as a way to simplify the principles of the already simplified Pinan/Heian series."

Link?
    That's the only use of the term I've come across. They are a group of VERY simple kata- e.g., a simple pattern of steps with alternating block and punch. I think they're used to get people used to the concept of kata while they learn the fundamentals.

Perhaps he's using a different word. Or maybe (more likely) it's just a made up name for his personal style.

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tai Kyoku is something different. Tai Kyoku Ken is the Japanese name for Tai Chi.

Style
    TKD, wrestling, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrm1775

Link?
    I ran into this too. There are some videos on youtube of the patterns . . . turns out I know them only as a different name.

Style
    Kakutogi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Tai Kyoku is something different. Tai Kyoku Ken is the Japanese name for Tai Chi.
    You mean Tai Chi Chuan/Taijiquan.

Taikyoku = TaiChi/Taiji
    Ken = Chuan/Quan

Yeah I did it. I nitpicked. Do something.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Style
    mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Taiyoku you are talking about is from Taiyoku Jujitsu Karate it started about 40 years ago mixing jujitsu and Karate. But now has added Muay Thai and a little from alot of other styles. many of the Black Belts call it Taiyoku now, It takes a long time to say Taiyoku jujitsu karate muay thai ........ The Taiyoku name comes from the series of katas in the Karate side of the Mix. I also thick Taiyoku was ment to be Taikyoku but the k was lost in translation.

I hope this helps

Style
    Kyukido, TKD, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're affiliated with these folks, maybe you should say something to that effect and perhaps elucidate further the history and practices of your organization.

Style
    TKD, wrestling, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjkmma
    The Taiyoku you are talking about is from Taiyoku Jujitsu Karate it started about 40 years ago mixing jujitsu and Karate. But now has added Muay Thai and a little from alot of other styles. many of the Black Belts call it Taiyoku now, It takes a long time to say Taiyoku jujitsu karate muay thai ........ The Taiyoku name comes from the series of katas in the Karate side of the Mix. I also thick Taiyoku was ment to be Taikyoku but the k was lost in translation.

I hope this helps
    Who was the originator and where was this developed?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last