Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/14/2008 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tim's problem, IMHO, was of style. He was WAY too comfortable on the bottom! A lot of jits guys are that way. Heck, I'm that way.

Like getting shucked off the back and going straight back to guard. Jessie was fighting to get top position. Even though Tim was trying for sweeps, and pulling them off, he wasn't following through and he was just going back to guard.

Wrestling vs Jiu-jitsu. Wrestlers work for the top and don't ever stop until they have it. JJ guys don't work so hard for the top, because they are happy to be in guard trying for subs. Not necessarily a BAD idea if you can land the sub, but its all or nothing. You either win with a single technique, or you loose by getting hammered for three rounds. No points for sub attempts.

Amir wins in the end.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2008 11:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the way they're hyping up CB and Jesse, it would be pretty crazy if Amir even made it to the finals.

Dave

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/14/2008 11:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red512S
    From the way they're hyping up CB and Jesse, it would be pretty crazy if Amir even made it to the finals.

Dave
    if by crazy, you mean straight up fucking aweosme

then yes. yes it would.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 12:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    Tim's problem, IMHO, was of style. He was WAY too comfortable on the bottom! A lot of jits guys are that way. Heck, I'm that way.
    (homo).
    Like getting shucked off the back and going straight back to guard. Jessie was fighting to get top position. Even though Tim was trying for sweeps, and pulling them off, he wasn't following through and he was just going back to guard.

Wrestling vs Jiu-jitsu. Wrestlers work for the top and don't ever stop until they have it. JJ guys don't work so hard for the top, because they are happy to be in guard trying for subs. Not necessarily a BAD idea if you can land the sub, but its all or nothing. You either win with a single technique, or you loose by getting hammered for three rounds. No points for sub attempts.

Amir wins in the end.
    Tim had at least three chance to win the fight. He was simply not good enough. Which is a shame, considering Jesse is a one dimensional wrestler. The most boring kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 4:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    watched this last night and im pretty sure they said at the end out of the finals and out of the UFC and then the commentator said who will be fighting in the final then? Maybe good selecting editing then but if this jesse taylor getting kicked out i would honestly consider never watching this again because I cant believe someone would **** up an opportunity like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 10:11am

Style: JJJ/TSD/MT/BJJ/TLA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tim seems like a real good guy to have as a friend, the way he was coaching Jesse right up until the fight. (From what he and the other guys were saying, I guess he actually did it, it wasn't just a trick of selective editing.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 12:12pm

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I’m still surprised by everyone beating the stupid drum about Jesse. None of you have friends like this? Goofy childish guys who say really weird funny **** all the time and who aren’t embarrassed by doing silly/gross **** for laughs? It’s only stupidity if they don’t know what they’re doing, and he clearly does.

Also, I don’t get all the past/present love for Tim. Apart from the fight to get on the show, he’s never looked good for a whole fight. His standup doesn’t look very good and against Riddle and Cramer he was getting out hustled and out muscled at every turn. He seem to lack…what’s the word….athletic ability. Yeah, that’s it. He seems like a hell of a nice guy, but unless he’s a natural 175er I don’t see him beating anyone who has any strength and sub defense.

Also, I suspect that the person who gets booted from the finale is just some undercard guy and not a real contender. I don’t see any of the guys who are left flipping out and blowing it. I guess I’ll have to tune in to Spike TV to see what happens, and while I’m at it buy a bunch of old spice and video games! Hooray!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 12:35pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    Einstein McFly is right. The bigger problem is that Tim's athleticism won't let him compete at the higher levels of MMA. The sport has grown big enough guys can't excel with just great skill and average athleticism. How well would Jeremy Horn do at the top UFC echelon today?

I liked the cornering Tim got except when they called out not to "make those kind of mistakes" -- The judges probably heard that and thought he was getting killed and so gave that 10-8 nonsense.

Maybe Matt Brown finally loses his temper at Jeremy and gets the boot? Or maybe JT Munny.
    Last edited by BumFu; 6/15/2008 12:41pm at .

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 1:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein McFly
    Iím still surprised by everyone beating the stupid drum about Jesse. None of you have friends like this? Goofy childish guys who say really weird funny **** all the time and who arenít embarrassed by doing silly/gross **** for laughs? Itís only stupidity if they donít know what theyíre doing, and he clearly does.
    no, i have good friends. :p

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 1:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Tim is probably a welterweight. I know he's not the only one fighting above his weight. In the IFL, Mike Dolce was a lightweight.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast