Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Boxers Stance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not every boxer stands the same way. There is no "boxers stance".

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are however, stances that are more predominant in professional boxing than other striking arts, like the wide profile stance, yes?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This link shows a good fighting stance. You don't want your feet too close together or to far apart and you don't want your back foot directly behind your front because you will not be able to move with good balance. http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product143.html

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was taught in boxing there was no stance since you are not supposed to stand there, but keep moving. In kung fu however, there is all kinds of ridiculous stances.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are not "stances " like horse stance, but there are definately ways of standing that are distinct to western boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definite ways of moving, yes. No reason to stand.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tri
    I don't see why this would effect leg-kicks either. please explain as I'm still fairly new to Muay Thai.
    theres nothing fancy about it, but having the weight equally distributed means you can lift up either leg to defend quickly

.. o n btw you're right about the back leg.. i push off of the back leg when hitting, but because my weight is distributed well beforehand it just helps to cover the distance quicker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I'm tall and lanky, my coach taught me to keep a my feet fairly close together to maximise my reach and mobility.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerjoe
    This link shows a good fighting stance. You don't want your feet too close together or to far apart and you don't want your back foot directly behind your front because you will not be able to move with good balance. http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product143.html

I really hope that was a lame joke...
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey
    theres nothing fancy about it, but having the weight equally distributed means you can lift up either leg to defend quickly

.. o n btw you're right about the back leg.. i push off of the back leg when hitting, but because my weight is distributed well beforehand it just helps to cover the distance quicker
    good point, thanks
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last