Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:07am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate it when people (almost always guys-you know the type) use the equipment as "props". There's nothing more irritating than going to do the bench press and seeing some ass-hat with his metro haircut and "top of the line" work out gear with cell phone (always within easy reach) just leaning on the bench trying to hit on some girl. You ask them if they're gonna use that and they get pissed, but they move. Of course now they're pissing someone else off because they're leaning on the dumbell rack talking to another girl who is clearly trying her best to ignore him. I've quit several gyms because of crap like that. Amusingly enough, I've never seen it as bad as it was at my local YMCA (of all places)! The ratio of guys there to work out vs guys there to be ass-hats was like 3 to 1 in favour of the ass-hats.

Edit: I hate that and the people who feel they absolutely HAVE to throw the weights at the floor as hard as they can and grunt/scream/yell as loudly they can after every set regardless of how heavy the weight actually was, or how intense the set was.
    Last edited by wavy tiger; 6/10/2008 8:13am at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:17am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    # 4 (downward dog) reminds me of this dude I keep seeing (to my horror) when I used to do Bikram Yoga. He'd do yoga in his underwear (yuk!) The ladies at the class didn't know exactly how to handle it, so they just kept looking at the wall.

Every other guy (including me) would use shorts or swimming trunks short enough to allow movement but discrete enough. But this guy would use his underwear. If women around him weren't doing the asanas with their bras and undies nor the guys with their boxers, what made him think that was appropriate?

Anyways, there is always a lunatic waaay deep in his little world to pay attention to his surroundings. Yuck, yuck, yuck to the fucketh degree.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doing a Circuit Class (some time ago) it was the usual eyeballs-out session. I spotted one chap doing a facsimile version of the exercise station. I had on previous session been rushed off my station by him as the changeover came. It was only out of courtesy to the instructor that I didn't chin the bloke (I didn't want to cause a disturbance and embarrass the instructor. Subsequently I found out that others wanted to chin the bloke as well - from previous sessions). Anyway.....

It's a busy class with 16 stations and 3 sets with less time - the usual. In between are either demanding pyramid sets of plyometrics or cardio.

At the end of class, me and a mate are at the water point, conveniently positioned so as to watch (but not leer, you understand) the ladies Aerobics class, when Our Hero told another person that he could do the class all over again. Oh, no he couldn't. I had gone flat out and I wouldn't want to have done it all again - even Super Circuits were 90mins. Of course, the toe-rag hadn't done the class, he'd stared interval runs when the station got too tough. Unlike the girl next to him, who gamefully did as the station demanded.

Delusional. I had to grit my teeth not to embarrass the knob (as did my training partner).

No, I didn't do MA at the time I nearly chinned him. (I'm more restrained and tolerant now).

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate it when people lift a set and then walk away to the other side of the gym and chat for 5 minutes or more. Then come back and say "I was using that machine. Can I finish my sets?"

The wiping down the equipment thing bugs me too. I sweat like a beast, so I make sure to wipe down the equipment when I am done.

I hate the "grunter" too. They make a lift and grunt and breath heavy and ****. Its annoying.

The one I really hate is the big buff steroid user that walks up and hands out unsolicited advice. I was doing deadlifts one day and this guy comes up and says, "Hey man, you shouldnt use a support belt for deadlifts. It only makes your back weaker and can get you hurt."

I , being the socially acceptable individual that I am replied "Gee thanks, any other words of wisdom? Hell, maybe you could just lift this weight for me."

He called me ungrateful and walked away.

How about the folks who stand in the doorways and have a conversation. Like the exit to the locker room. They are just chatting it up about Sally May and her dog forcing you to have to say "Excuse me" before they move.

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 10:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Current annoyance is in the Changing Room. It so happens in the LA Fitness place I use close to me, that I use Cross Bench near to the door. It's habit really, as when I'm doing a Conditioning Class, I usually barrel in very close to the start of the lesson. To my Right is the larger space with more of the Chaps changing.

Presently, I've noticed that the more ignorant among them have a habit of wrenching the door wide open so it bangs and then sticks in the open position. I'm usually mid-change by this point. Now, in my experience, women tend to put off by a room full of blokes changing (in contrast, of course, we would be only too keen to look and delighted at the prospect - at which point the women would loudly complain. We understand, they're different.) I put this down to the Testosterone effect - these fuckers have just found they've got some - or the potential 'Roids they may have ingested.

Really, it's just ignorance and bad manners. Sadly, with manners being largely a thing of the past, a simple request to close the door would be likely to bring about an aggressive response and an implicit (or explicit) Challenge.

Excuse me while I slip in my gumshield.

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 10:30am

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All my peaves have pretty much been mentioned already, but I'll add this one: people who enjoy being naked in the changing room a little too much. I'm not talking about guys who just walk to the shower and back here, that's normal. I'm taking about the guy who will stand there naked having a long conversation with on leg up on the bench and their junk flapping around next to you. Guys who after their shower will dry off and then go over to the sink/mirror and stand there naked drying their hair, brushing their teeth, and doing all manner of personal grooming. I joined a gym, not a nudist colony: put some fucking clothes on.
    <insert witty comment>

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    All my peaves have pretty much been mentioned already, but I'll add this one: people who enjoy being naked in the changing room a little too much. I'm not talking about guys who just walk to the shower and back here, that's normal. I'm taking about the guy who will stand there naked having a long conversation with on leg up on the bench and their junk flapping around next to you. Guys who after their shower will dry off and then go over to the sink/mirror and stand there naked drying their hair, brushing their teeth, and doing all manner of personal grooming. I joined a gym, not a nudist colony: put some fucking clothes on.
    I used to know a guy who would get dry and put just his t-shirt on and then come and talk to you with his cock winking at you the whole time
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 10:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Agreed

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People in general are an annoyance. It's why I have a home gym.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I joined a gym, not a nudist colony: put some fucking clothes on.
    Word!!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast