Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2002 3:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mahamudra,
    so chi is energy in the body. Like the kinetic energy of a punch? I can't think of anything that will help you in a fight more.

SLJ,
    yeah its just a breathing technique. A breathing technique that also happens to be part of an old chinese health and fitness system called CHI kung.

I think the meaning of chi has become distorted by people who are in it for the money. Confidence tricksters that claim to be able to set fire to things with their hands, knock people down from across a room and have monkeys fly out of their butt (OK I made the last one up). Its like martial arts in general really. Theres always people wanting to make a quick buck off gullible people by making a mockery of the real stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2002 12:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uh. . again the chi we are talking about is not kinetic energy. When I mentioned chi as "energy" in the body I was refering to my previous post. Chi as energy is a MEDICAL concept .

Titan

Posted On:
    10/24/2002 5:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Feel the power of my mystic Chi.

British Ninja, are you real Ninja, can you run on walls and kill men with your middle finger?
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2002 9:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mahamudra,
    I'm trying to draw parallels between chi and western science rather than dismiss it as nutty chinese mysticism. This could be totally pointless, I don't know.

SLJ,
    Nah, I'm not a real ninja. I just wish I was. I flip out a lot but I haven't managed to cut anyone's head off yet. My name came to me when I was thinking of the movie American Ninja. I'm british (well english) so I thought I'd call myself british ninja. Seriously though I have never studied ninpo, ninjitsu or ninjutsu and neither do I want to. What does your name mean?

Titan

Posted On:
    10/24/2002 9:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SL are my initials, J was just random.

You are correct about not wanting to study Ninjitsu, it's utter ****. (and that's a polite way of putting it)
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2002 5:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    british ninja,
    there is a book by the name of the body, cultivation and ki energy. I believe it was written by a japanese academic by the name of Yasuo. The book discusses the paradigm of cartesian mind body dualism and contrasts it with cultivation techniques. the book's scientific evaluation of ki is done well, and is for the most part convincing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12