A little background about me..i played rugby for over 25 years and have quite a bit of experience in the areas of conditioning, fitness, and injuries. On a side note, I used to have my kids walk on my back which was great. About 4 years ago, I had my 50-60lb nephew walk/dance on my back as well as my neck and I could tell I was at the thresshold of injurying something. A few days later, I woke up at 4am with the most horrendous pain in my shoulder, neck, and down my back. It felt as though the muscles were contracting so much they were actually going to snap.

I went to the emergency room seeking relief and they took some xrays which were inconclusive, and gave me some pain meds which didn't seem to help. I had used a chiropractor a few times in the past and his electro-stim had worked wonders, but he was on vacation. I went to a different chirpractor who tried to give me an adjustment. I actually jumped off the table and onto the floor writhing in pain. Bottom line..I had severe pain in my arm for over 4 months, and have numbness in the tips of some of my fingers to this day.

Moral.....be very careful with what you have people do concerning your neck and spine.