Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 8:42pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon H
    Your injury from 10 years ago may still be the cause of you problem. The MRI, when you do get it, should show if you have, what they call, Degenerative Disc Disease. That was part of my diaganosis back when I had the surgery for the accident. I spent years riding in patrol boats which causes a lot of spinal compression type injuries and that was also a contributing factor.
    Well, I'll be waiting the MRI. Also, as socratic correctly says, training is on hold, stopped riding the motorcycle (weight of the helmet), lots of things have changed until I know something.

So, yes, I'm taking it very seriously. I just don't have to like it . . .

Patrol boats? Military? Coast Guard? Law Enforcement?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 3:34pm

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, kind of similar situation happening with me.

I woke up one morning with a sharp pain at the top of my right trapezius. When I started moving around, I noticed that my right hand was kind of tingling. After a while, I noticed that the tingling extending from the point of the pain in my neck/shoulder down to my fingers. There is a limited corridor of movement that I have that does not have this tingling sensation.

I noticed that some random movements generated an incredibly strong pain that essentially made whatever I was doing impossible. The pain was intermittent and I was not able to duplicate it.

Went to the doc about two weeks ago. They put me on flexaril and naproxen and shipped me upstairs to the chiro and PT. X-rays showed the cervical vertebrae were more in a straight line than curved and there was a slight bulge at C6/C7. The chiro snap, crackled, and popped things back into place and lined me out with the massage therapist. The pain went away, but the tingling is still there. It just kind of happens.

I went in yesterday for my umpteenth session. I told him that I felt like I couldn't be certain if I was actually pressing/holding something in my right hand when the tingling was present. I was sent to the local x-ray place for a MRI. MRI shows (among other things) bulge of the invertebral disc into C6 foramen. He's suggesting steroids in the neck. He says that this should help reduce the protrusion and with therapy should get things back in working order.

Has anyone done this? I'm reading that the injection can be incredibly painful.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 3:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung fu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it is a Cortizone shot, then yes I have had it done in my lower back years ago. The pain comes from when they wiggle this huge needle around your back, asking does it hurt worse here or here? They need to inject it in the right place, and I guess how much pain your in helps them find it. It may have changed since I had it done though.

Also they can only give you so many Cortizone shots in the same place. To many shots in one place, and the Cortizone actual damages the tissue and will make the injury worse.
    Last edited by maxattck; 10/30/2008 4:00pm at .

Posted On:
    1/29/2009 7:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, find a good massage therapist that knows about myofascial pain and trigger point therapy.
    Ive got sciatica-piriformis syndrome and a frozen shoulder fixed with that stuff. Both injuries had lingered for over 6 months time and prevented me from training.
    Therapy usually hurts, but it may fix youre problems right away. As an alternative, do your own research about trigger point therapy. There are huge number of self applied techniques that take little time and guess what - no money! (except for the price of the book that is). In my experience, best treatment there is for myofscial, misdiagnosed chronic pain.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123