Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 7:31pm

Style: Movement

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Hey, you're right! Iphaltuus is a huge fag! I know because I fucked him last night!
    You fucking bastard! I didn't know you could see through that mask the entire time!

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    In the spirit of Bullshido, OP, I have to ask: what is your background in biology?
    Can I play too? :eusa_wall

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 7:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Upalumpa
    A quick search of some of the main articles I came across using google scholar suggests that there really is not going to be substantial variation within groups of athletes for this.
    I would like to read these articles if you don't mind posting them on here. Furthermore, I already pointed out that I never claimed to be anything of an expert in the field. All the information and research in biology is largely self-taught beyond high school with the exception of some basic anatomy in the health care profession as a certified medical assistant. Mostly which had nothing to do with the subject I am currently working on.

Also, I never intended this post to be some sort of vehicle to have everyone mindlessly listen to my idea. Actually, I never intended for my idea to remain unchallenged, as you might notice it has changed dramatically over the span of only 3 pages worth of posting or so.

I am happy to find that it is stirring up some sort of controversy, as this will hopefully have people with more experience and knowledge than myself see this as a starting point to a (in my opinion) dramatic and purposeful change in the history of MMA.

What I am really hoping right now is that all those who are so busy knocking me for starting this thread, and those who believe that I don't know what I am talking about, are more educated than I am on the subject and have something more elaborate and effective to say themselves, other than that I am an idiot.
    Last edited by Iphaltuus; 6/09/2008 7:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 7:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aside from that, the difference between the actual amount of lean muscle mass, bone density and bone mineral mass between two athletes doesn't necessarily have to be substantial does it? I mean, you can measure by pounds, ounces, milligrams etc.

I understand that a 130 lb fighter with 20% lean muscle mass has the same amount of lean muscle as a 260 lb fighter with 10% lean muscle mass. However, if you include the factors of bone density and bone mineral mass into the equation that determines weight divisions, the 230 lb fighter himself would never be in the same bracket as the 130 lb fighter.
    Last edited by Iphaltuus; 6/09/2008 8:01pm at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 8:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphaltuus
    Aside from that, the difference between the actual amount of lean muscle mass, bone density and bone mineral mass between two athletes doesn't necessarily have to be substantial does it? I mean, you can measure by pounds, ounces, milligrams etc.
    :new_micro

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 8:20pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Graham Hancock taking on the super hidden myths of the secrets of weight classes?

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 8:25pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Flash back to high school for me, I am trying to salvage the thread because I have a poor opinion of cutting weight due to bad practices I have seen. (I know don't penalize everyone for the fews actions....) We use to have weigh ins during the season that were not tied to a match or tournament but controlled what classes you could compete in. Maybe some sort of system would be appropriate for MMA, and you could keep the details of the system away from the fans unless they were total MMA junkies. Thoughts?

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 9:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321
    Flash back to high school for me, I am trying to salvage the thread because I have a poor opinion of cutting weight due to bad practices I have seen. (I know don't penalize everyone for the fews actions....) We use to have weigh ins during the season that were not tied to a match or tournament but controlled what classes you could compete in. Maybe some sort of system would be appropriate for MMA, and you could keep the details of the system away from the fans unless they were total MMA junkies. Thoughts?
    Did it work in high school?

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 9:52pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch. Thanks for getting me to analyze what should be an obvious part of my thinking. It helped curb some abuse along with bans on sauna suits, hot tubs, and weight loss belts. (This could only be enforced at school but in HS you spend quite a bit of time at school if you are in sports.) But there was still abuse so it wasn't perfect.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2008 1:59am

Style: ancient arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Analization is good. lol
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345