Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2002 6:55pm

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yea I forgot to add like you said alot of sleep. At least 8-10 hours a night. Your first 2 hours of deep sleep with when the most GH is released, you need a minimum of 8 hours sleep to get the full benefit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2002 9:37pm

Style: Big Cans O' Whoopass!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I follow this weight training plan the minimizes DOMS.

DAY 1
    Shoulders
    Chest
    Back
    Abs

Day 2
    Biceps
    Triceps
    Abs

Day 3
    Legs
    Abs

8-10 exercises each day, 3 sets of 8 (making sure that I am lifting enough weight in each exercise to properly exhaust the muscle.

I rotate the cycle continually and lift 7 days a week. This cycle enables each body part to properly recover before the next workout. I drink gallons of water, take supplements and eat MEGA protien and no carbs.

It works for me, understandably you may not want to lift 7 days a week, but the same cycle can work with days off in between.

"He asked me if I would die for my Master.
    My response was that dying was easy, anyone can die, even the youngest babe. I do something harder. I live for him."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2002 5:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TigerFly, day 1 and 3 are fine, although on day 1 if you really push shoulders+chest you'll then be too tired to do back properly, I'd split them. Day 2 is a waste, as triceps are used in all your chest+shoulder movements, biceps are used in all the back stuff, so both will progress with the compound work: by doing them also on day 2 you just overtrain them before the next chest/shoulder/back workout. Believe me, when you will bench sets over 250 pounds or chinup sets of your bodyweight plus in excess of 50 pounds hanging off your belt, your biceps and triceps will be plenty big enough, without doing any bi-only and tri-only exercises.

C

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2002 9:48am

Style: Big Cans O' Whoopass!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    chinpau

I don't do bi's and tri's on a separate day for bulking purposes. I do them separately for 2 reasons. 1. Because my trainer said so :)
    2. it gives me an "easy" day in my routine. Instead of taking a day off, I use it to have a slight break, stay in routine and still get the endorphin rush.

The revcovery time that I have between shoulders/chest/back day and bicep/tricep day is irrelevant as long as movements on each day are concentrated toward the body part that I am actually exercising. I have never had a time when I couldn't work my full 3 day routine. I fully exhaust each muscle group each day. Because I eat properly (1-2 grams of protien for each pound of body weight) and drink 2 gallons of water a day and stretch correctly, my DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) is minimal. If I don't eat properly - then I have a problem.

"He asked me if I would die for my Master.
    My response was that dying was easy, anyone can die, even the youngest babe. I do something harder. I live for him."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12