Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the same thing when he did it. Even MOM34 said, "I thought that was illegal!"
    Joe Rogan was all"ZOMFG HE PILE DRIVED HIM!!1! ZOMFG!!!1!11!!"

Marquadt should have been DQ'ed for it.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 11:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was in the last 5-10 seconds of the fight, and I bet Herb Dean, was like" was that a Pile driver?" And then the fight ended.

Also Leites not Nat should be bad ass of the month cause he got up right away.

And the second point deduction was wrong but it was Nates own fault as he had already gotten a warning and a point off for a flagrant foul earlier hes going to bias the ref against him.

Nate won the battle but lost the war and has no one to blame but himself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 12:11pm

Style: Aikido/Judo/BJJ/Naginata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas
    I believe the reason you're not supposed to **** with the clavicle is because it's an easy break to bone, that, when it does break, is in a good spot to flop around inside you and cause internal damage (i.e. cutting into nearby nerves and muscle)
    Ok, it's easy to break. But grabbing it? Shouldn't it be "No hammerfists to the clavicle."?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    I'm guessing spiking was not illegal in PRIDE, as the Marquardriver looks pretty tame compared to the one Sapp used on Nogueira or the one Rampage tried to do to one of the anonymous Japanese guys every PRIDE star fought at least once.
    you DO realize that those "anonymous japanese guys" are far from anonymous in japan, right?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Chris
    Piledriver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marquardt beat the hell out of Leites - he got caught in the firtst round, but after that he dominated

That second point deduction was clearly a bad call

He was the better fighter and should have won.
    Even if the second point deduction was clearly a bad call, Nate didn't get deducted for the blatant illegal knee he threw after the piledriver.

Nate is a better fighter than Leites, but with the blatant fouling he threw there's no way he deserved to win that fight.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 1:38pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the second point deduction was fine, he was warned and it was past the imaginary headphones thing the UFC uses to define the back of the head. Hell Rogan didnt like the second point deduction but the pointed out the headphones and anything behind it is back of the head, and it was clearly "behind the headphones".
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 4:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    you DO realize that those "anonymous japanese guys" are far from anonymous in japan, right?
    I take your point, my phrasing was slightly condescending, but come on. One of PRIDE's favorite things to do was get some Japanese pro wrestler (Minowaman!) and then feed him to somebody like Wanderlei or Bob Sapp for an easy highlight reel moment.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you guys sure that the knee after the piledriver was illegal? It looked like Leites might have gotten to both feet at that point and was just in a kneeling position.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 5:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take your point, my phrasing was slightly condescending, but come on. One of PRIDE's favorite things to do was get some Japanese pro wrestler (Minowaman!) and then feed him to somebody like Wanderlei or Bob Sapp for an easy highlight reel moment.
    Yeah, cause the UFC would never feed a former pro-wrestler with negligible MMA experience to a real fighter for big lulz...

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just think that i need to remind US fans that when we are watching a Dream event (or when we were watching a Pride event) that we are a supplemental audience to the producers of the event. the US PPV sales are not that much compared with what they make on the event in japan.

there's a big culture gap, and i just think that a lot of western fans need to remember that there is a huge audience for MMA in japan and that just because a lot of people here have never heard of a japanese fighter, it doesn't mean that he's a nobody or a can.

sorry to go off topic.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast