6/08/2008 11:18am, #1
Should have Marquardt been disqualified?
1. Butting with the head.
2. Eye gouging of any kind.
4. Hair pulling.
5. Fish hooking.
6. Groin attacks of any kind.
7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
8. Small joint manipulation.
9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
13. Grabbing the clavicle.
14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
16. Stomping a grounded opponent.
17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
21. Spitting at an opponent.
22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
23. Holding the ropes or the fence.
24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
25. Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
26. Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
27. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
30. Interference by the corner.
31. Throwing in the towel during competition.Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
...Willing is not enough you must do ~Bruce Lee
6/08/2008 11:20am, #2
No, due to that being fucking awesome.
PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
6/08/2008 11:24am, #3
Marquardt beat the hell out of Leites - he got caught in the firtst round, but after that he dominated
That second point deduction was clearly a bad call
He was the better fighter and should have won.
6/08/2008 11:56am, #4
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
Doesn't Karo routinely drop people on their heads?
Frankly, the rule I've never understood is #13.
I must be missing something about grabbing the clavicle. I mean, I know it is an easily broken bone, but what's the deal about grabbing it?
6/08/2008 12:05pm, #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
Well, according to a massage instructor I know, if you dig down hard enough between the clavicle and trapezoid, you can STICK YOUR FINGER INSIDE THE LUNGS AND MURDERKILL!
At least that's how I remember it.
6/08/2008 12:07pm, #6
I know there are some nerves behind there that hurt like a bitch, it's one of the major pain compliance spots you can mess with. That and it being supa breakable might be the reason... But I think it should be allowed.
6/08/2008 12:29pm, #7
- Join Date
- May 2008
Maybe it's because like n° 8 and n°12 it can be painful but not a very interesting way to end a match.
6/08/2008 1:20pm, #8
Originally Posted by RaiNnyX4
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
6/08/2008 1:39pm, #9
Nate "The King" Marquadt?
From the angle I saw on TV, it looked like Nate was trying to go for a powerbomb sort of slam, but Leites wouldn't let go of his legs, which turned it into a piledriver. Maybe that is why he wasn't DQed?
I'm guessing spiking was not illegal in PRIDE, as the Marquardriver looks pretty tame compared to the one Sapp used on Nogueira or the one Rampage tried to do to one of the anonymous Japanese guys every PRIDE star fought at least once.
6/08/2008 1:42pm, #10
Does anyone have a link to this fight, it wasn't on dailymotion?