Sponsored Links Spacer Image

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:05pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seatown7
    Hey all. Who really gives a flying ****? Probably my only issue with gay folks is the "In your face" attitude, blatant gayness and the gabby politics that many must spew everywhere all the time.
    As with any group of any kind, it's the showy minority that gets the most press coverage (for better or worse, and usually worse); let's keep in mind that they are probably just that -- a minority (within a minority, in this case).

This is an issue, however, where there is a great deal of hypocrisy and double standards; many people will claim to be fine with homosexuality "as long as they keep it to themselves", but raise a general outcry if two men dare to hold hands or kiss in public, in a fashion that they would never even have taken notice of in a straight couple.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctos1964
    Well, an answer a tad off the exact topic, I guess. When I read your post, I was reminded of the very best combat officer I served under (PLEASE spare the puns). Young lieutenant, excellent infantry officer and one hell of an amateur boxer. And a fag. After the initial period of, um, adjustment, none of us cared. This was back before '92 (when it became officially ok)
    That's a good story. I want to see more of that: Gay guys who haven't forgotten that they're still just that . . . guys. You know, the kind of guy who drinks beer, watches MMA, and gets off playing Halo. It just so happens that when he says, "Honey, get me a beer" it's Antonio and not Suzanne who gets up off the couch.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter
    This is an issue, however, where there is a great deal of hypocrisy and double standards; many people will claim to be fine with homosexuality "as long as they keep it to themselves", but raise a general outcry if two men dare to hold hands or kiss in public, in a fashion that they would never even have taken notice of in a straight couple.
    This is an excellent point. If you say you're cool with gay people but you're not yet prepared to be friends with one and listen to him while he's like, "So, I met this guy last night, and. . ." then you're not REALLY cool with gay people.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:40pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_priest_x
    I want to see more of that: Gay guys who haven't forgotten that they're still just that . . . guys. You know, the kind of guy who drinks beer, watches MMA, and gets off playing Halo.
    How do you know you haven't seen gay guys just like that? You don't know they're gay unless it comes up and they are comfortable letting it on.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 8:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow_priest_x
    That's a good story. I want to see more of that: Gay guys who haven't forgotten that they're still just that . . . guys. You know, the kind of guy who drinks beer, watches MMA, and gets off playing Halo. It just so happens that when he says, "Honey, get me a beer" it's Antonio and not Suzanne who gets up off the couch.
    I am not sure, since I have no exp here but the scenario is kind of wrong, either you both already have a sixpack on the table or he would just kick you and then scream "got yah, you suck at halo" as response.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 12:22am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan McScary
    As an aside, did David Bowie ever stick his pee-pee into a guy's bottom? Check... lots of bottoms. Currently, he is married to a super model and has kids. So, does that make him gay? See what I did there?

Yes.

I agree, that title does in fact, not have a ring to it.

If I am interpreting your metaphor correctly, than in some instances, yes. The most obvious example is in prison systems. Do you really think that literally every single person that has a homosexual experience in prison identifies themselves as homosexual? This is not the case, as most inmates that do have gay experiences are either doing it as an alternate means to an end because there are no women present, or as a way to assert their dominance over the other inmates within the prison subculture. Another good example of this comes in the form of a published 1970 sociological study by Laud Humphreys titled The Tearoom Trade. During his study, Humphrey's followed men who went to late night public bathrooms to engage in gay sex acts. He found that more than 50% or the men engaging in these acts not only considered themselves straight, but that they were also married with kids. More recently, several conservative politicians have been caught using cruisy restrooms. In most cases, these men are either curious about same sex physical relations, or they are simply using the restrooms as a quick and easy no strings attached method for sexual release.

That is correct; two of the articles were regarding the same study. I opted to put them both in because the one had more in depth information and the other was more of an overview. Though in retrospect, you are right, it was unnecessary and slightly misleading. My bad.

Well, I guess if you consider an isolated survey of over four thousand people "very small", feel that primary data collection is "nothing to base itself on", and consider articles posted on Medicalnewstoday.com as something that "does not fly in the scientific community", then yes, you are absolutely 100% correct in your assessment.

Normally I'm not one to bring attention to bad spelling, grammar, and punctuation, but I just couldn't help it here. It was just too easy.

Very well. I at least hope that this last post cleared things up at least a little bit, so that something, regardless of how small, was proved this time. The end?
    Thank you for clearing things up official bullshido Gay Scientist. But How on Gods Earth can you try to draw similarities from such polar opposites like Prison Sex and Soapy bath house sex. Thanks for providing your Teamoom trade study. But In my opinion you missed the mark.
    First off, prison unlike the outside world a man has no other choice but to eather gritt his teath and wack off. Or like you stated **** other men. Then there is your other point of men raping men to show dominance. Like above stated there is no other option in prison on who you ****. I am pretty damn sure the conjugal visit is mostly a thing of the past. Some inmates can get them but they are hard to get and depend on what security level prison you are in. Now in life as a free citizen you have the choice to **** whome you please.

Now how do you connect prison (only dudes) with men who can go and screw men or women? Your Tearoom study shows in my view that men who have bridged the gap in their Latent homosexuality and are now acting on it feel comfortable and know they can go any time take a break from the wife and kids and act on their lust for cock. Its 2008 and in most circles homosexuality is looked down apon. Your study was done in 1970. I think we all would agree that gay rights and acceptance has become more the norm then it was oh I donno, 38 years ago. Now gays can marry in 2 states . I would call that a big jump. Google the word bath house, you will find damn near nothing that is related to American culture that has nothing to do with homosexuality. Get it, Prison= no vagina. Bath house=hidden place you can get your gay on. Big difference my friend.

In conclusion I agree with most of what you say. I think your slightly missguided. I think its pretty comon knowledge that many social stigmas come with coming out of the closet. Family dissaproving, friends and loved ones abandoning you. Being the victim of harassment, hate crimes ect. Does it not make sence that a man would not want to openly admit to being gay or bi? Maybe for some its like being addicted to drugs or the drink. Possibly in denial. Sorry for the derail.
    Now.........The end.

P.S. that was a low blow my friend, spelling is my kryptonite.

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 12:33am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sum yung gai
    What this dude said. If nobody's going to make that World's Hungriest Butt belt, it looks like I'm just gonna have to do it my damn self.
    please do this. Im sure after reading this thread your bursting with :gaygay: motivation. Christ, a weaker man then I might feel an urgle to watch desperage housewifes and drink a zima, no wait. Boones Farm?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 12:49am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Thank you for clearing things up official bullshido Gay Scientist. But How on Gods Earth can you try to draw similarities from such polar opposites like Prison Sex and Soapy bath house sex. Thanks for providing your Teamoom trade study. But In my opinion you missed the mark...Now how do you connect prison (only dudes) with men who can go and screw men or women?
    My intent was not to connect prison sex with bath house sex, but rather provide two completely unrelated and very different scenerios in which homosexual acts occur, where the parties involved still identify themselves as straight. This was in response to somewhere earlier in the thread where someone mentioned if you ever engaged in a gay sex act regardless of situation or circumstance, then you are automatically a life-long homosexual without exception.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    In conclusion I agree with most of what you say.
    Well, at least we are on the same page now...or the same chapter, or book, or something close at least.

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 4:30am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least, say, 10 professional MMA fighters who turned out to be gay. There's probably tons more.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 7:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kinda had "Captain Chris", (a tr00Ly-d34dly RBSD, uh, "teacher" mentioned in another thread), lined up for "world's hungriest butt". The prison-bitch photo of him on the home-page of his site pretty much sealed it for me. Of course, he may have the deadly anus-dentatus...
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast