Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 9:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    slip his punches and counter punch, clinch, kick high, mid, low.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 2:03pm

Style: Catch as Catch Can

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use only jumping spinning kicks. Trust me....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/10/2008 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KTS & JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're that much younger and in that much better shape, you would probably do well to keep in on the outside for a little bit to get him tired. Jab and leg kick.

A lot of good advice in this thread.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 3:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi guys!

I have bad news but an amusing story....

Bad new: Sparring off (for now at least)

Amusing story: Kung Fu man was showing off at weekend on my friends inflatable water slide. They started (all men in 30/40's) to dive at slide wrong way & shoot up the slide. It was all apparently good fun until Kung Fu guy took a lot longer run up then anyone else dived at the slide & tried to twist onto his back (maybe trying to do a crazy kung fu move???)...hit the slide at an odd angle & dislocated his shoulder).

His story is that he was in agony but didnt make a fuss. Eye witnesses state he sobbed like a girl till an ambulance came, then after gas & air started ranting racist comments for no apparent reason.

I am gutted not to be sparring him for now but even more gutted that this wasnt caught on video!!!!

Thanks again for all the advice & I will let you guys know if/when the sparring happens...

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 3:39pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a bag of douche.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 6:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aww, shucks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2008 6:16pm

Style: Boxing/MMA (Ex. Shotokan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is obviously an elaborate ploy to evade sparring you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2008 9:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is likely a stupid question, but if you are/were going to take the time and effort to train for this, why not just fight Muay Thai? I can't imagine wasting my time training for something other than competing in a sanctioned event. Just curious.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2008 1:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by octaviousbp
    This is likely a stupid question, but if you are/were going to take the time and effort to train for this, why not just fight Muay Thai? I can't imagine wasting my time training for something other than competing in a sanctioned event. Just curious.
    I train Muay Thai & MMA all the time anyway and fingers crossed will be fighting in events in both this year. This was only some heavy sparring (which I like to do as much as I can) against another style. The only additional training would of been perhaps drilling some combo's (as suggested earlier in post) that would be most effective against his style.

It was a no lose situation for me if I had done well against him Im sure he would of taken some muay thai classes with me (and start talking about sparring, not doing forms!), if not at least I would of had another sparring partner to keep things fresh.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    6/13/2008 3:29am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by octaviousbp
    ... can't imagine wasting my time training for something other than competing in a sanctioned event. Just curious.
    Octaviousbp, I think the OP didn't state he would be training FOR the sparring with the w.c. guy.

It's great that he tried to get the w.c. person to spar with him. I hope it works out, it could be a great experience for both. Too many folks from tough MA's that spar a lot never get a chance to spar with TMA people. Every chance to do so is good.

Our young muay thai fighter might be surprised with some moments of the kung fu man, plus he might get first hand approval of his own techniques used against a non-muay thai person. Wing chun guy might get to see the biggest disappointment of his MA carrier. It's all open, we don't know and haven't seen either guy's real abilities... I'd love to see the video.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast