Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 3:24pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't so much. I got it from him being an established professional fighter who didn't make weight.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    Damn, now Matt Hughes has an excuse after he gets the KTFO treatment.
    He's going to say those 4 extra pounds were the work of the devil, you'll see.

Other than this fight, I'm not sure if I want to see the main card. I was hoping to see "The Sandman" Irvin but alas, it ain't happening.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 3:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where does everyone get that Alves is going to walk through Hughes? I understand that Hughes looked rough against George St. Pierre, but the last time I checked, Alves is not GSP. We're talking about a guy who got outwrestled by Fitch and who was taken down by Karo in seconds. His only chance is going to be to land a knockout shot before Hughes ties up with him...something that has so far only been managed by Pele and Rush.

Also, I guess we can add Alves along with Lutter and Ruediger, to the list of fighters TKOed by Fudgie the Ice Cream Cake Whale.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 4:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    He's going to say those 4 extra pounds were the work of the devil, you'll see.

Other than this fight, I'm not sure if I want to see the main card. I was hoping to see "The Sandman" Irvin but alas, it ain't happening.
    Yeah, it's those devil's own 4 extra pounds why Hughes can't take him down or pick him up to slam.

As for the event, I'm optimistic. There are no huge names if you count out Hughes, but the matches might prove entertaining as everyone is making a scramble for the limelight. I'm rooting for Davis, his fights have been very entertaining. It's not an event I'd pay through the nose for, but still I'd consider buying it with my friends if it wasn't for the Football (that's soccer to you..) European Championships, which I can view free for my pleasure in the same time slot.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 4:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Where does everyone get that Alves is going to walk through Hughes? I understand that Hughes looked rough against George St. Pierre, but the last time I checked, Alves is not GSP. We're talking about a guy who got outwrestled by Fitch and who was taken down by Karo in seconds. His only chance is going to be to land a knockout shot before Hughes ties up with him...something that has so far only been managed by Pele and Rush.
    It's because he's starting to be in that point in his career where he's fighting only for the money. Even he says he's got only a couple of fights left in him and he took this on a very late notice.

Plus he's a pompous egomaniac, which might make people not-so-secretly hope for a humiliating defeat for him.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli

Also, I guess we can add Alves along with Lutter and Ruediger, to the list of fighters TKOed by Fudgie the Ice Cream Cake Whale.
    Because Alves is getting better and better, geting into his prime whereas Hughes is on a decline. Seriously.

I would not be surprised if Hughes win since, douchebag or not, he's still a top-notch fighter. Alves winning, however, that would be something sweet to watch.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 5:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Hughes is going to take him down and have his way with him like so many other fighters.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 6:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Razamataz is likely right, unfortunately.

Worst outcome: Alves wins closely and then tests positive, again.
    Second worst outcome: Hughes wins
    Best outcome: Alves gives Hughes a soul destroying beating.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 6:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Razamataz is likely right, unfortunately.

Worst outcome: Alves wins closely and then tests positive, again.
    Second worst outcome: Hughes wins
    Best outcome: Alves gives Hughes a soul destroying beating.
    I have to disagree, nothing is worse than Hughes winning.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 7:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hearing about how a steroid enhanced guy barely edged him out, from him, might be.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast