--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because I like the guys at shah's.

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 2:46pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** im, angrymonkey. Stick with what works.

How'd you do in your first pro fight?

How long did you fight amateur for?

Just curious.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I won by first round RNC at ~2min 30. They're supposed to be putting up a video on their website but its been two months now so I've lost hope.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...ighterID=31219

I haven't fought amateur, competed in a bunch of gi and no-gi competitions. We figured that if I'm going to fight I might as well get paid for it, amateur fights up here in canada are basically just the promoter getting a free fight on the card.

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 3:11pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good ****, man. Congrats. You should put a picture up on their site.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2008 5:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. I unfortunately have no photos of the fight. They only flew out myself and my cornerman and we were both occupied while I was fighting.

Anyone else want to weigh in on the greens?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2008 7:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take greens - but I love the taste. You have to be aware that taking pills means that you don't absorb all the milligrams they say they have because bodies absorb from the food, and so most passes through. You want active ingredients in your supplements. In the UK we have viridian. At home in Canada, I just took what my mom was having, so I don't know any brands.

Actually, you know what you might like - a product called Yummy Greens by the company Sunny Greens, which can be found in Canada in your local health food store. Tasty, and active, easily absorbable as they are a kids formula.

Greens are not a quick fix unless you have a deficiency. Don't rely on supplements, but focus on having an appropriate diet for your training and your body type and profession. Popeye has given us false impressions of the power of condensed greens :/

I highly recommend not eating any sugar. Not even a frosted flake. Don't put sugar in your coffee. Also, no soft drinks. Just try this, if you don't do it already - it's worth it. You are extremely less tired after awhile, and find that you never need an energy boost.
    If you drink more water, it enlivens the cells, or it feels like. It wakes you up a bit as well, not to mention the benefits of hydration. course, I'm one to talk - I don't drink water, and I drink tea and coffee at starbucks all day..

I am devoted to absolutely no sugar (except honey and maple syrup). I wouldn't worry about drinking too much coffee, though. Its bad for the nerves, but as long as you are aware of it, the damage is controllable. Or so I tell myself.

I recommend a big meal in the middle of the day, carbs in the morning; and, before you go to sleep - like, a second before - have a piece of fresh fruit or a spoonful of honey, and go to sleep on it. The fructose turns into glycogen in your liver and burns slowly into your brain as you sleep and you wake up awake and refreshed and might not even need your coffee! Give that a try as well. However, if you stay awake after you eat the fruit, you will get a sugar high and it will take longer to go to sleep. Leave two hours before going to bed without eating, unless you are used to multiple light meals throughout the day. Really, just do what feels right, since that it what you are looking for.

Good luck! Let us know how you fare in the weeks to come.

G-pie

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    6/08/2008 10:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Monkey
    Thanks. I unfortunately have no photos of the fight. They only flew out myself and my cornerman and we were both occupied while I was fighting.

Anyone else want to weigh in on the greens?
    Progressive also has something called "Veggie Greens" which is more or less the same as Greens+ and costs $28 for a 180 pill bottle.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/08/2008 10:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't drink pop and don't ingest a lot of sugar. I know what my problem is, lack of sleep. But there simply aren't enough hours in the day so I'm looking for anything that I can to compensate. I posted about my regular diet earlier in the thread.

goju, is that a month's supply of the Progressive veggie greens?

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 12:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Monkey
    I don't drink pop and don't ingest a lot of sugar. I know what my problem is, lack of sleep. But there simply aren't enough hours in the day so I'm looking for anything that I can to compensate. I posted about my regular diet earlier in the thread.

goju, is that a month's supply of the Progressive veggie greens?

I am not very scientific about it I take about 6 a day which is a months worth, however I am only taking it because my wife bought it by mistake, but it seems to do the job Greens+ does, however when I finish it I am going back on the greens plus powder.

Here's another thing. I find evening training screws me up, I am tired but I can't sleep until about 1:30ish so I am always tired the next day

It's why I prefer afternoon classes, but I am lucky in that I can fit them in my schedule.

You should go to the nutrition store I went to (can't remember the name arghh)

Its on dixie in a small strip mall across from Rockwood Mall just south of Rathburn. It's 2 stores down from Cora's restaurant (I'll try and find the name)

The owner trains at Schillings in Oakville and I think he's a brown belt so he understands what we go through and the differences between this and weightlifting.

His stuff isn't cheep but it would be worth your time to check him out and get some samples of different things.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 8:15pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heya AM! Haven't seen you around here for a while. Glad to hear your fight went well. CdnPaddy would still love to be an extra training partner for you if you ever need it.

I took Greens+ for a few months last fall and also through the winter, and it didn't do a thing for me. I really didn't notice any difference at all. Now, that may be complicated by other factors in my health, but I didn't get any real benefit out of it.

I see a really good naturopath in Burlington (on Brant Street) who has helped both me and CdnPaddy address some deficiencies in our diets and provided some products specific to my issues that really have made a difference in my day to day energy and well-being. I'd be happy to recommend him if you like. Are you covered on health benefits anywhere? If so, your time with a naturopath is probably covered, and you only have to pay for your suplements.

Will you be going to the MMA Expo?

Cheers!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast