Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 9:29am

Style: The Kempo, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The 2 title fights were awesome. Those fights needed to be put on national television. It was a great mix of technicality with brawling. The bantamweight fight was badass - the double toe hold was crazy.

Those fight would have been perfect to get the mainstream into mma, but instead we had kimbo slice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 10:33am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo Chris
    The 2 title fights were awesome. Those fights needed to be put on national television. It was a great mix of technicality with brawling. The bantamweight fight was badass - the double toe hold was crazy.

Those fight would have been perfect to get the mainstream into mma, but instead we had kimbo slice.
    Totally agree with you on that one. Both fights were awesome and well worth the exposure and should have been on mainstream TV. Sooner or later good caliber fights will be shown on regular TV even ESPN and get the publicity that these fighters should receive. There have been very few times that I have watched regular TV even ESPN that I have watched great fights like what was shown last weekend

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 11:15am

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually liked their last big event better, little more of the technical matchups rather than the gut checks from hell, but that's like saying I like lobster better than steak. I'll take em both every time. The WEC has been rocking out most of the best matchups this year, and I don't even have to pay for em.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 4:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who's next for faber?

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 4:24pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They clone him and have the California Kids double up on Tim Sylvia.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 5:11pm

Style: Movement

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off I don't think that physical damage has anything to do with a fixed fight, your supposed to make it look real. Second of all, try living in Vegas for a while and tell me what you think about events that are not only held in that town, but actually localized to it. Why do you think that well established professional leagues such as the NBA, MLB and NFL have not started a team in Vegas, population issues? Let's not forget that what happened to professional boxing, I really don't think I have to go there, but when ever your dealing with a sport of which allows the possibility of winning or loosing to be in the hands of a single individual, it will attract gamblers by the dozen. I don't know why you would consider it nut-riding, but I guess you might live in opposite world so I'll consider that. I would more consider the immediate agreement coupled with the immediate alienation of alternative opinions nutriding, if you've got something to say, I would appreciate it if you used a few more words to explain your thoughts.

Considering the WEC, they're owned by the UFC, I really couldn't get into the politics of it but on a note other than my personal beliefs of the sport itself, I don't know why Urijah Faber is still in it instead of going for a ufc belt, but then again politics must play into that as well as Carlos Condit and his 3 year reign.

In any case, I really don't understand why you would turn around on me like that. It reminds me of old over the hill never was high school football dads who take everything about the NFL as a personal offense to them, and since you seem to have done so I would love to see copies of your WEC stock shares. Otherwise, the point I'm trying to have recognized is this; When you love something, you must try to protect it from the things that can corrupt it, not to pretend that it lives in a world which will not ever try to take advantage of it, and not to pretend that it is immune from becoming corrupt. In similar fashion, when you hear someone else who claims to love the same thing you love speak up about problems that might be involved with that same thing you love, it would be more constructive to listen to that person and engage in a meaningful interactive conversation, rather than to ignore that person and pretend as if the opinion they have has no remote possibility of becoming a reality.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 5:23pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphaltuus
    First off I don't think that physical damage has anything to do with a fixed fight, your supposed to make it look real. Second of all, try living in Vegas for a while and tell me what you think about events that are not only held in that town, but actually localized to it. Why do you think that well established professional leagues such as the NBA, MLB and NFL have not started a team in Vegas, population issues? Let's not forget that what happened to professional boxing, I really don't think I have to go there, but when ever your dealing with a sport of which allows the possibility of winning or loosing to be in the hands of a single individual, it will attract gamblers by the dozen. I don't know why you would consider it nut-riding, but I guess you might live in opposite world so I'll consider that. I would more consider the immediate agreement coupled with the immediate alienation of alternative opinions nutriding, if you've got something to say, I would appreciate it if you used a few more words to explain your thoughts.
    Complete Fail.

While partially true it has nothing to do with a particular fight being fixed.

Considering the WEC, they're owned by the UFC, I really couldn't get into the politics of it but on a note other than my personal beliefs of the sport itself, I don't know why Urijah Faber is still in it instead of going for a ufc belt, but then again politics must play into that as well as Carlos Condit and his 3 year reign.
    Which has nothing to do with the fight being fixed.

In any case, I really don't understand why you would turn around on me like that. It reminds me of old over the hill never was high school football dads who take everything about the NFL as a personal offense to them, and since you seem to have done so I would love to see copies of your WEC stock shares. Otherwise, the point I'm trying to have recognized is this; When you love something, you must try to protect it from the things that can corrupt it, not to pretend that it lives in a world which will not ever try to take advantage of it, and not to pretend that it is immune from becoming corrupt. In similar fashion, when you hear someone else who claims to love the same thing you love speak up about problems that might be involved with that same thing you love, it would be more constructive to listen to that person and engage in a meaningful interactive conversation, rather than to ignore that person and pretend as if the opinion they have has no remote possibility of becoming a reality.
    You have just built a Godzilla sized strawman. Your opinion on a sport getting corrupted may be valid.

It has nothing to do with you claiming a particular fight was fixed. Especially claiming this fight, as your soapbox, after the garbage we saw in the Kimbo fight.

So, you were rightly dismissed as you obviously can't debate your point.

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 5:41pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You need a conspiracy to explain this instead of the fact that faber is naturally 150 something, cutting to 145, and almost everyone at upper-tier 155 in the UFC is in the high 160's to low 170s, cutting to 155? It's a conspiracy that he fights at the weightclass where he isn't clearly outsized by his competition? Really?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 5:50pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Did you watch the Faber vs Pulver fight with your eyes closed? Can MMA fights be fixed? Of course they can, just like any sport. Was the Faber/Pulver fight fixed? Hell no! It's that easy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 6:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and that was a good fight.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast