Page 5 of 34 First 12345678915 ... Last
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    129
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Pushups for me...

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    324
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Hahaha +rep......oh.......sorry......erm......you weren't joking.
    OK, I realise I'm not a pure bullshidoist because i don't think _ing_unt 100% sux0rs, nor do I think any art does for that matter (at least that I know of) and that almost everything has some usefulness to it. But this is a larger debate.

    My point is simply that Lee saw the limitations or whatever of WT and moved on. I'm not saying he was the uber best unbeatable, but he was a pioneer in many respects that made great contributions to MA on and off film.

    If, like Lee did, we can take some usefulness from WT and use some or more of it and it works, then I think that is great. some others might prefer to simply prefer the MT or Savate or whatever factor of JKD.

  3. #43
    G-Off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DO NOT INVOKE THE LEE.


    That is an entirely different discussion and we had it in May.

  4. #44
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kr0me
    Is that you jacking off on webcam?
    Well, thanks for confirming you aren't a man.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    80
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Well, thanks for confirming you aren't a man.
    No im a clingon and your turning me on

  6. #46
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcell
    OK, I realise I'm not a pure bullshidoist because i don't think _ing_unt 100% sux0rs, nor do I think any art does for that matter (at least that I know of) and that almost everything has some usefulness to it. But this is a larger debate.
    Wow. Don't build a strawman okay.

    My point is simply that Lee saw the limitations or whatever of WT and moved on. I'm not saying he was the uber best unbeatable, but he was a pioneer in many respects that made great contributions to MA on and off film.

    If, like Lee did, we can take some usefulness from WT and use some or more of it and it works, then I think that is great. some others might prefer to simply prefer the MT or Savate or whatever factor of JKD.
    I'm ignoring this because, it was already handled in the Bruce Lee sucks month thread.

  7. #47
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kr0me
    No im a clingon and your turning me on
    ...and there goes the spelling. Whatever happened to peng? Probably one of the better trolls we have encountered.

  8. #48
    Kid Miracleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parts Unknown!
    Posts
    3,249
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So if Derek Jones' Wing Chun-based fighting system is a "complete" system, does that mean it's super-effective against wrestlers and the like? What kind of techniques are used in Jones' system to ward off an attacker who is trying to take you to the ground?

    Just curious.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    324
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off
    DO NOT INVOKE THE LEE.


    That is an entirely different discussion and we had it in May.
    Ok, fine. I'll put it how my Systema instructor did.

    WT, Karate, TKD, etc. etc. a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick. Beyond that, of course it gets more technical. But when a fist hits your face you know if it is effective or not.

    What makes a good fighter is often beyond the style.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    210
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kr0me
    Er yes. That Derek Jones evolved a complete effective fighting system based on wing chun.
    so what? it still isn't widely used. therefore wing chun still sucks

Page 5 of 34 First 12345678915 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO