Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Mat disease

  1. #1
    Don't mess with the Mega-Buster supporting member
    JBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Out there man, way out there
    Posts
    693
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Mat disease

    Alright fellows help a guy out...I got this rash

    ...on my arm

    think It's from the mat or maybe a toilet seat
    but deffinitly not the hooker in the sweatpants...

    seriously though, it looks like poison ivy
    doesn't itch and doesn't go away
    no insurance so I hate going to the Doc's
    unless it's important.
    Any Ideas?
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

    I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
    -Whiteshark

    I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

  2. #2
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You probably have ringworm. Put some lambasil or lotramin anti-fungal creme on it a couple times a day. In between applications use rubbing alcohol on it to dry it out

  3. #3
    Mr. Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    under the sink
    Posts
    6,331
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you take a picture of it and post it?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

  4. #4
    Don't mess with the Mega-Buster supporting member
    JBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Out there man, way out there
    Posts
    693
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OKAY

    I could actually

    *shouts*

    HEY DAD WHERE'S THE DIGI CAM?

    WHAT?

    YEAH THE PIE WAS F*CKING AWESOME

    WHAT?

    NO I'M GONNA TAKE A SH*T THEN GO TO GRANDMAS

    WHAT?

    NO I'M NOT LOOKING AT PORNO

    hold on I'll see what I can do
    (ass)
    ;)
    Last edited by JBliss; 11/27/2003 4:09pm at .
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

    I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
    -Whiteshark

    I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    D.C.-ish
    Posts
    475
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    ringworm

    Hey man,
    I just got rid of a ringworm infection that more than likely came from the matt.

    Brand is correct--you should go buy over-the-counter anit-fugal ointment and treat with rubbing alcohol.

    BUT, If you want to get rid of it real quickly: go buy a bottle of Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo. Apply it liberally to the infected area and let sit for an hour once a day. Rinse it thouroughly. In about three days of this treatment the infection will totally be dried out. Still use the anti fungal stuff though, just to be thorough.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,608
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brand is indeed correct....
    See if anyone else using the mats is getting it as well.
    Apparently it doesn't/won't easily be purged from the mat, you may need to get them replaced.




    Poison ivy is growing on your arm?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

  7. #7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to clean your mats with a soap that includes an antifungal.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,608
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by PizDoff
    Brand is indeed correct....
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    756
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have these boil like things on my arm that itch like crazy. I thought they were mosquito bites but could they be ringworm?

  10. #10
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically everything on you skin that won't go away after 3 days could be treated with over the counter anti-fungal creams like lotrimin. 90% of it will go away after this. The other 10%? You're probably fucked.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO