Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 4:55pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have as much time as you need to cut, do you feel like you lose much strength or endurance? I lose weight really easily just by eating a little less, but I lose a lot of strength and endurance and I start getting joint pain (mostly in the elbows).

I feel like I should be cutting down to 135 since getting to 145 was so easy, but even at 145 I felt so weak and tired, and I was definitely visibly smaller than before. I must be doing something wrong, but all I did was eat less and continue training like normal. Not like I was starving myself by any means, and I was taking a multivitamin + fish oil.

I know that's not a whole lot of detail, but do you have any ideas? I'm hoping that I'm just missing something obvious here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 5:32pm

Style: BJJ, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Panda
    If you have as much time as you need to cut, do you feel like you lose much strength or endurance? .
    when i lose 10lbs, in day or 2, i am perfect for about 5 minutes of competition, thats it. if i dont have ample time to eat, and drink, before my next match, i will be at about 60%, with bursts of 75%.

when i take 3 weeks or so, i feel i adjust fine. i can say i would probably be able to perform better at my natural weight, however performing agaist other 190lbs people, and 210lb people who dropped to 190, does not sound like a good plan to me =) i rather compete against 167lb people. so there isa bit of a give and take. i think i deally i would stretch it out over a month, and eat lean chicken, baked, no skin, anbd vegtables, and fruit. after a month of that i would lose the weight im sure, but generalyl dont like prolonging the amount of time i cant binge eat everyday.
    Also i think a good point to remember is it should be getting easier everytime, once your body is conditioned, good shape, and used to losing weight, it should be easier everytime. my body is used to it and drops weight like crazy, even if i only eat 2000 calories a day.

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 6:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I vote to give Benonmsn a "Resident Weight Cutting Expert" tag.

During my next "Test Cut" (end of June), I'll follow your basic food guide and caloric intake for a week and see what it does to me.

Regarding your questions:

I'm 5'8", 155 lbs walking weight. I haven't measured body fat, but I'm lean and probably around 10-13%. After my fasting, I dropped to 143 lbs.

As you can see, 12 lbs for someone bigger might be easy, but that's a lot of weight for my relatively small frame.

Thanks again for the advice! I'll bookmark this thread.

One last question:

-Laxatives/Enemas? Your opinion?
    I have a REALLY bad stomach, and the last thing I need is stomach issues during tournament day.

What's your experience with using Laxatives/Enemas for weight cutting? Timeline (i.e. NEVER day of, only night before, etc...)? Products to avoid?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 6:39pm

Style: Dirty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try running before breakfast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 6:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori

One last question:

-Laxatives/Enemas? Your opinion?
    I have a REALLY bad stomach, and the last thing I need is stomach issues during tournament day.

What's your experience with using Laxatives/Enemas for weight cutting? Timeline (i.e. NEVER day of, only night before, etc...)? Products to avoid?
    I have not, and never would. all i remember was my wrestling coach telling me about people shitting them selves during matches.

Also, personally, i poop like 3 times a day, i have no problem getting stuff out of my system. the few times where i needed help i went with clenbuterol, which is an asthma medecine, but when misused has strong weight loss propertise. clen is available online and you can research it. it can also kill you if you use it wrong. basically it will raise your heart rate, and body temp, you will be burning calories while doing nothing. you can also give yourself a heart attack, or brain aneurism if you dont play safe and smart.

I stick to diet, and excersize for weight loss, i dont really even use gaurana or stimulants anymore, i dont even drink coffee, red bull etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 6:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_flippy
    Try running before breakfast.
    I like to eat FIRST thing. I feel that this lets my body know it can be active, and not in a slump. it helps start your metabolism on the right foot, at thee first part of the day.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12