Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 1:41pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need workout tips for a future college course

Well, today I finally finished secondary school, and have a ten week summer holiday till I start my public services course in college. Now, I've asked questions in this forum before, and you guys have helped plenty with those, so I would like to ask for your help again.

Well, with ten weeks free time, I intend to get myself into better shape for my college course, as I'm going in for public services. Problem is, I havn't really got any good advice off my PE teacher, and my Kung Fu teacher, although he can give me some pointers, It's not really enough.
    What I wanna know is, if any of you guys can give me some tips and exercises for improving all forms of fitness, cardio and strength in particular (I pretty much have flexibility covered).

Heres the gist of what I am doing at the moment:

On Mondays I have a Kung Fu class, and Spar.

On wednesdays and fridays I work with dumbells, and do sipts ups, press ups and squats.

On tuesdays and thursdays and saturday I use the speedrope and ride a couple of miles on a bicycle.

I practise kicks and punches everyday, but only in the air as at the moment I have nothing to hang the heavy bag on, but thats set to change soon. I also practice flexibility everyday, all main muscle groups.

Thats it essentially

So, what I want to know is have you guys got any ideas on how I can push myself into working harder, any useful exercise regimes, or just ways to motivate myself to exercise. Any help would be very much appreciated dudes.
    Last edited by Kung Fu Fury; 6/05/2008 1:55pm at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Move your tuesday or thursday workout to sundays. This will give you two non-consecutive rest days (which is better than two rest days one after another.)

2. After implementing change #1, use Sunday to do the exact workout you are doing on tuesdays and fridays.

3. Do some roadwork every other day (for active recovery.)

4. Check the sticky thread.

That's all I can think of. Just keep it simple; sometimes more =/= better.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 1:55pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry mate I forgot to mention I do cardio on saturdays too. Its fixed now.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd still suggest the same changes minu doing cardio every other day for active recovery.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris