Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Wow, Shaw's up there for Douchebag of the month for that.
    Seconded. Also given his heralding Kimbo as "probably" the #1 Heavyweight striker.
    Last edited by G-Off; 6/05/2008 2:02pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Thompson's training with Team Couture made him less of a can than EliteXC realized, which resulted in the fake looking stoppage. Kimbo himself looked like a pretty big can, with his bad grappling and poor cardio.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Chokin; 6/05/2008 2:08pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    The elbows, if he just put his weight behind them, he would have KO'd him or cut him up. No way he was that gassed.....
    To be fair, it was after nearly two full rounds of fighting and was using his left elbow -- at an awkward angle most of the time.

Not to mention, how demoralizing must it be to dominate someone like that and not get ref stoppage after more than 60 seconds? True, Kimbo got up when the round ended, but who can seriously argue that he had been intelligently defending himself?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think they picked Thompson because they thought he would rush Kimbo (like he tries with all opponents), try and keep it standing but get knocked out because of his glass jaw.

Obviously he came in with a game plan this time & almost (and could of if he wasnt robbed!) tooled Kimbo.

Kimbo seems ok and its not his fault he is being Waaaayyy over hyped, he seems to know he is not all that yet.....

Always tell my mates who diss MMA that it is nothing like WWF.... damn glad they didnt see this ****....

Community Corrections Officer supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, Kimbo got up when the round ended, but who can seriously argue that he had been intelligently defending himself?
    In fact, I don't think he even got up that quickly. He kind of laid there for a second. I think he may have been more hurt than anyone let on. He just is, legitimately, a tough guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMuayThaiMan
    Think they picked Thompson because they thought he would rush Kimbo (like he tries with all opponents), try and keep it standing but get knocked out because of his glass jaw.

Obviously he came in with a game plan this time & almost (and could of if he wasnt robbed!) tooled Kimbo.

Kimbo seems ok and its not his fault he is being Waaaayyy over hyped, he seems to know he is not all that yet.....

Always tell my mates who diss MMA that it is nothing like WWF.... damn glad they didnt see this ****....
    Thompson does not have a glass jaw. He's like a bigger, less technical Chris Leben. Also, it's WWE now, noob!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Thompson does not have a glass jaw. He's like a bigger, less technical Chris Leben. Also, it's WWE now, noob!
    Arguably, he kinda looked like he had one in the first two fights that I saw him in (versus Aleks and Fujita in PRIDE).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He beat Frye in a slug-off, but I think everyone has a glass jaw compared to 'Ironhead' Fujita.

and good morning to you too supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    In fact, I don't think he even got up that quickly. He kind of laid there for a second. I think he may have been more hurt than anyone let on. He just is, legitimately, a tough guy.
    He did just lay down then, and again at the end of the match he was on the floor and had to be picked up. Kimbo is a can. Why else, after the near-brawl in the post conference, won't they put him against Brett Rogers? Cause rogers is legit but Kimbo brings in the cash so they have to protect their 'investment'. Shaw even said later "it's all about the money".
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Kimbo's defense: No, you're MOM is all about the money.

Good one, right?

High five?

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last