Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 7:31am

Style: shotokai/bjj/MT/ex-BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tengu Dojo - Cheshire

Ok a long tiem since i trained here. about 3 years at least. I thought that the place would have died by now. Basically the place is a cult. Activities include voting for the sensei's son in a local baby contest. The standard of everyone below 1st dan is extremely poor. No live drills or sparring is done.

Some juniors (like about 13 - 14) years old were fully dan graded, not junior blackbelts.
    I went for a month and it was the worst martial arts experience in my life. I threw a basic gyaku tsuki at a first dan, not only could he not block it (i wasn't going full pelt and and i'm no expert striker) but i got told i was throwing the punch in the wrong way for it to be blocked.

I wish, i'd be so much better at sparring if i threw punches that could not be blocked.

To top it all techniques shown by the instructor are shown, not named and then when it's shown again, it may be a henka of the original. When you ask for the technique to be shown again, the sensei either laughs at you, or does tyhe technique onn you hard enough to make your eyes water. All fun

I hope it's changed but i really doubt it. :bssign:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2009 8:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BULL ****!!!!

Please advise of What Dojo are you exactly talking about, teachers name and location, discipline (style) and when did you visit.

I run a dojo of such name but we do not have votes, My son now is almost 18, and do not train, or has trained.

We do not only do "sparring" as you call it, we do KUMITE and RANDORI.

WE do not have student juniors 13-14 never mind junior black belts. The minimun age is 18.

WE are not in CREWE or NANTWICH funny enough, so where the hell did you go?

Im am very curious to know who was the instructor and if it is possible someone has used our name. If so please let me know and I will pay them a visit myself.

Also very curious of what qualifies you to so easily dish on any Dojo at all. Weather they have a high or low standard, What's important is that they try with a good heart. What are your standands ?

Many of my students have are now police, Close Protection Officers, Military and security operatives. They use their Martial Arts FOR REAL. Why don't you come down and ask them if they can "spar" with you and find out yourself what they can do?

I myself have rank in karate and Taijutsu, 4th and 11th Dan respectively. I trained since I was 9 years old (35 years) I am also a Police Self Defence Instructor (among others things) - I think I can punch.

I have trained pupils who are now running their own clubs and are champions, such as Jason Curtis. I think they can spar and punch too

I was myself a Champion as far as 1980, (you prob was not even born). Before I Joined the army as a counterterrorism Military Police.

You sure you have even met me? I dont think so.

If you dont think we can "spar" Please come down and do some with us , We will love it. oh forgot telling you we do not use gloves or pads eather. So you better be tough.

You either talking a lot of crap or you got the wrong Dojo.

As you can understand Im truly offended. As I see it your comments are derrogatory, untruth and defamatory,

Please retract theses comments immmediatly and come to see us ASAP, as well as a public apology for your mistake and defamation of our Dojo .

We hope we can solve this misunderstanding in an amicable and civilised manner
    If you do not we are willing to obtain advice from our solicitor in order to proceed difamatory charges against you as well as coming to you, to show you and prove you wrong.

Please contact us asap

tengudojo@hotmail.com

Thank you
    Last edited by Omega; 2/23/2009 2:28am at . Reason: Please use rating accordingly or not at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2009 3:45am

Style: shotokai/bjj/MT/ex-BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfredoCastan
    Also very curious of what qualifies you to so easily dish on any Dojo at all. Weather they have a high or low standard, What's important is that they try with a good heart. What are your standands ?
    I agree, trying and having a good heart are very important. I apologise if you think this is a defamatory attack on your character, it was not meant to be, merely an individual comment/review of my own personal experience of the dojo. As stated this was from over 3 years ago, and possibly my tone was not the most professional. I will admit that i have not had decades of martial experience but i have trained in several places in several styles, and could find something positive in many of them.

I myself have rank in karate and Taijutsu, 4th and 11th Dan respectively. I trained since I was 9 years old (35 years) I am also a Police Self Defence Instructor (among others things) - I think I can punch.
    This was not refering to you but a dan graded student, it may have been a fault with his explaination but it seemed amateurish to me at the time. Perhaps as soon as my chedule allows, i will have to take your invite of training with you, and as i am older and wiser i will be a little more observant.

I was myself a Champion as far as 1980, (you prob was not even born). Before I Joined the army as a counterterrorism Military Police.

Please retract theses comments immmediatly and come to see us ASAP, as well as a public apology for your mistake and defamation of our Dojo
    If you wish to post a little more often on here may i suggest that you perhaps seek the appropriate tags for these claims. If you PM a moderator i believe they will advise you on the correct process.

Also please regard when reviewing a dojo, look at what exactly constitutes what score and i think you'll find that my scores were not actually bad. I would suggest you ammend your scores to a more appropriate level as straight 10's would make you seem a little egotistical to someone looking for honest triaining.

May i also draw your attention to the thread http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ght=tengu+dojo

for suggested improvements...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2009 8:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Clarification

Thank you for your apology, however you still referring to your experience of THE Dojo, the Dojo you refer to here it’s not our Dojo, As I mentioned at the prior post all
    The descriptions given by you were wrong.

We are NOT at Crewe or Nantwich.
    We do NOT have votes.
    We do NOT have Juniors
    We certainly do NOT have Junior Dan Grades
    At this time I take all the lessons myself.
    My Dan grade Students are
    R. Brisden 7th Dan, (12 years training)
    M.Fisher 5th Dan ( 10 years training )
    I Piggott 4th Dan ( 10 years training )
    D. Foxley 2nd Dan ( 6 years training )
    A. Spence 1st Dan ( 8 years Training )

As anyone can see the level in this Dojo is obviously very high, and grades are not given easily.

Since you mention you trained for a month, Can you tell me which of this if anyone, was the instructor you refer to?

I can tell you there was a Dojo splinter from us some time ago this were run by Graham Galley. I did not authorise this person for the simple fact he was not to standard, although he though he was and left to operate his own rogue group without even Japanese Licence or Teaching certificate however, we visit him and advised him of stopping.

on occasions I have been talking to people who were saying that they had been trained by me, but they did not know it was me who they were talking to!

If this is still going on, Please let me know.

Now, If one can only ride a bicycle, how can one comment on someone who’,s operating a stealth plane ? Or if you one graduated in maths how can you understand what a rocket scientist is doing? One can only judge in own experiences or what others had told you, what if your own experience are not enough and what if what you been told is actually crap.

Just training on many different styles for a while does not qualify anyone to pass comments on technical issues. Especially if such disciplines are “sport” martial arts. As Budo is a whole different cookie and in many occassions completely opposite to sport, as it is real live.

What one can believe to be the truth it may not be someone else’s truth.

I guarantee you that if you had really seen my students training your perception would be a lot different.
    We will be very happy for you to come to our Dojo, this time try to comer to the REAL one?

I am lucky enough that I do not depend on the Dojo to survive, in other words it’s not a business, and so I do not care about getting lots of students but rather about the quality of the teachings.
    I myself had great teachers, Antonio Oliva (Preseident F.E.K. SP), Miguel Angel Palomares (World Champion SP). Dr Masaaki Hatsumi (Grand Master JP) Pedro Fleitas (Master SP) Sveneric Bogsater (Master SW) Julio Toribio (Master USA) the list go on and all are exceptionally amazing masters and human beings.

I keep training myself not only at our Dojo but by visiting Japan as often as possible.

Within regards of the scores:

Aliveness: We practice a very dynamic system. Please see one of my colleagues clips at YouTube - Kashiwa Bujinkan Ninjutsu Dojo/ REAL Martial arts Is this Alive enough? 10 I think

Equipment: We got all the equipment we need. ( We could oaways do wirth more and better ofcourse) hence 5

Gym Size: We van get easy 40 people training comfortable in our Dojo, Hence 10

Instructors/ Student Ratio: I got 6 Senior grades on my Dojo plus me, for of those are over 5th Dan, Not enough ? I think yes . 10

Atmosphere/ Attitude: I am military trained, most of my students are Military, police, Security, Attitude and ego has no place in our Dojo, or you get your ass kicked back into place, with an stick!

[COLOR=black]Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUoPn...1;/COLO</font>

Striking Instruction: We practice a system which was originated and tested in the battlefield of Japan, it is still in use by Special and elite Forces around the world. Believe me we sure know how to strike. Its called Dakentaijutsu

Grappling Instruction: Within our system you will find 9 Warrior schools of which 6 are Samurai Schools, being grappling one of the strong skills, I think it does not require any further explanation. Its call Jutaijutsu. I addition I instruct police members in arresting & restraining methods, a part of this system can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTno...Jv00&#91;/COLO

Weapons Instruction: Kobutan, tessen, Hambo, Bo, Jo, Jutte, Ken, Kusarifundo, Kusarigama, , Shako, and so on and so forth, is called Happo Kiken, and that is just within the “traditional Levels” Not enough ?

I suggest that before you pass comment on anything, you really do a good research, and then come out with some positive suggestions within your humble opinion.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7A-E...trFg&#91;/COLO

I also understand there are people out there posing as genuine instructors, and some people who are really teaching violence and how to get killed rather than how to maintain peace and how to survive, And that you are trying to help this situation, however, if you are going to give yourself this responsibility and pronounce yourself Judge, because of this you must get it absolutely right.

It is also truth that to admit when one is wrong is one of the most difficult things to swalow, however by admiting when you are mistaking one learns and grow, there is no place for ego in Budo.

We feel very proud of what we do and we are disappointed and offended that someone has passed these comments on us when it is not even our Dojo what it’s being referred to here.

We are therefore still waiting for you to retract and review the original misleading comments as, obviously the Dojo you are describing is not our Dojo. (VERY IMPORTANT)

As mentioned above we are happy to have you as a guest at anytime. Perhaps this 21st Feb Coming up, as our friend Chris Crudelli from the BBC’s Mind, Body and Kick Ass

moves, is coming to train with us. This will be a great opportunity for you to have a go at him too and write a review.

Thank you for your time and understanding

Alfredo Castan
    Shihan Bujinkan Dojo
    Last edited by AlfredoCastan; 2/14/2009 8:21am at . Reason: MIssing Words

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are still waiting for you to remove the misleading comments within regards the ORIGINAL Tengu Dojo.

INTERNET LAW
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/edit...famation.shtml
    Defamation

"Particular care must be taken to avoid the publication of defamatory material through user-generated content on bulletin boards or other interactive areas. "

Please remove the comments immediatly. Thank you

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 7:15pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Few quick points:

Aliveness: We practice a very dynamic system. Please see one of my colleagues clips at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBj1GiQaI4 Is this Alive enough? 10 I think"

1. I didn't see any Aliveness in the above video. Could you point out the specific times (ex: 2:25) where you believe it is demonstrated?

2. The OP has no obligation whatsoever to remove the post unless what he's posted is outright false with the intention of misleading people.

I'd suggest you resolve the confusion as to whether or not this is your school that is being reviewed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. If running up trees and doing summersaults is not aliveness I dont know what it is.

2. What it's posted it's actualy outright false with the intention of misleading people.

Please remove the comments.

They have used our name and a clip from youtube but their commets are completly erroneus, location - wrong, students -wrong, Instructors - wrong, voting? wrong, junior blackbelts? - wrong, Junior lessons- wrong! wrong!! Prices - wrong! How WRONG can anybody get it?

Therefore it is erroneus & defamatory, please remove it. thank you.

PS. Any one can actualy come to our Dojo and see for themselves.

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 8:22pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfredoCastan View Post
    1. If running up trees and doing summersaults is not aliveness I dont know what it is.
    You're right; you don't know what it is.

YouTube - Ronin Athletics Straight Blast Gym New York

2. What it's posted it's actualy outright false with the intention of misleading people.
    That hasn't been established.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 8:45pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfredoCastan View Post

Please remove the comments.

They have used our name and a clip from youtube but their commets are completly erroneus, location - wrong, students -wrong, Instructors - wrong, voting? wrong, junior blackbelts? - wrong, Junior lessons- wrong! wrong!! Prices - wrong! How WRONG can anybody get it?

Therefore it is erroneus & defamatory, please remove it. thank you.

PS. Any one can actualy come to our Dojo and see for themselves.
    Your review is inaccurate. Please read our review guidelines and revise your ratings.

The guidelines are here

No BS Martial Arts - View Single Post - Dojo Reviews Ratings Examples

If this is another school using "your" name, I suggest you take that up with them, and until then leave a polite note that you are a different academy. We don't have to censor comments about the poor dojo because it shares a name with you. That's not our problem.

The review doesn't contain a clip of you from youtube. That's a different thread, one that is about your apparently execrable dojo.

Perhaps in light of the conflict, you might work politely with the OP to resolve this case of mistaken identity instead of proceeding immediately to an inarticulate, hostile, and excessively litigious stance?
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 2/17/2009 8:49pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2009 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have asked politely, only to find hostility and cockiness.

However if it is not true and it's deceiving then i'ts defamation, and it is ilegal, so regardless any of your "educated" opinions, it should be removed.

Thank you for your comments.
    Last edited by AlfredoCastan; 2/18/2009 12:18am at .
Page 1 of 27 1 234511 ... LastLast