Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 7:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    *cough*Bob Sapp*cough*

It happens.
    Sapp never really was a fighter, he's all hyped freakshow and prowrestler, afraid to get hit.

Thompson has been an actual cagefighter for five years and has trained with Couture before. Then why does his takedowns look BJJ white belt level? He has no excuse for sucking.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hopefully, now that he lost a fight because of it, Thompson will go to see a doctor about getting that hideous fucking cauliflower ear treated. Jesus Christ, that thing was disgusting.
    I personally was the edge of my seat throughout the Carano/Young fight. Even though she lost, I feel like this will boost Young's MMA career. It was a good fight from both athletes.
    Was this the telvesion debue of women's MMA? It's certainly the first time I've ever seen it on TV.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 10:13am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only got one more comment to support my conspiracy theory, and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. If you'll remember Thomspon took Kimbo down more than once in the first round. The ref actually stood the fighters up once while Thompson was in SIDE CONTROL! WTF?!

blotter art.

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 10:31am

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing that seemed fake to me about those fights was the middlewieght title bout. The whole thing seemed orchistrated, and it makes sense, because they didn't want to blow thier load in one night. This way they can carry the next card with the title fight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 1:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not a fighter, and I understand that the guillotine choke Thompson had in round one isn't a truly viable position, but why did the camera suddenly cut to a mile away from the fight for Kimbo to escape from it? At least that's what me and my non-fighter friends were a little pissed about.

That being said, we also thought all of the stoppages were BS, the Carrano and Lawler fights were amazing. It was strange that all the expected poster people won in pretty garbage decisions. Carrano's opponent should have had another round, no doubt, but thank God she didn't mess up Gina's lovely face.

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 1:31pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I've only got one more comment to support my conspiracy theory, and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. If you'll remember Thomspon took Kimbo down more than once in the first round. The ref actually stood the fighters up once while Thompson was in SIDE CONTROL! WTF?!
    Definetely a set up .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 1:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    The only thing that seemed fake to me about those fights was the middlewieght title bout. The whole thing seemed orchistrated, and it makes sense, because they didn't want to blow thier load in one night. This way they can carry the next card with the title fight.
    orchistrated?

You fucking douchebag. Smith and Lawler were laying it all on the line. They both had some really good shots and you cant tell they were trying to finish the fight. Smith was upset as hell that they stopped the fight. He was literally begging them to let him keep fighting.

fucking noobs I swear.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 2:44pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant the stoppage, dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 3:23pm

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly think the Scott/Lawler stoppage was done because they were running an hour over their allotted slot.

God that was terrible. Dana is either laughing or crying. And do we have ratings info yet?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 3:33pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meggaman7
    I don't know what level Thompson's ground game is on, but I found it kinda suspect that he barely even attempted to go full mount on Kimbo multiple times dispite Kimbo not even trying to get his guard back after the first minuet or so. Kimbo catching elbows against the cage for a damn near solid minuet without a stoppage was just rediculous.
    I agree..I thought the fight would have been stopped at the end of round 2. Thompson dominated Kimbo with unandwered G&P/elbows for the entire last minute of the fight. No stoppage? Yet they stop the fight after 4 unanswered punches in Rd 3 from Kimbo? Total crap.

Regarding not taking mount, don't fix what aint broke. there was no need to take mount. Kimbo was dead, had no idea what to do, and Thompson was killing him, had his arm pinned. Besides, mount is not the be all end all. For mma, I like a nice 1/2 guard. It is easy to G&P, and harder to get bridged. It also leaves many possibilities for leg locks ;)
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast