Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/28/2003 2:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Berserk411
    What I hate are the people who do curls int he power rack. or people who do 7 different types of curls and have a day just dedicated to biceps.
    Seeing someone who has obviously spent all their gym time on pecs and biceps is one of the great joys in life.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    11/28/2003 10:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    more things that suck about the gym:

5. fat-ass girls who lift puny weights instead of getting on the treadmill
    6. old people that try to talk to me
    7. anyone who comes within 2 feet of me while i'm working out
    8. the smell

things that rule:
    1. getting the pump
    2. hot bitches with big tits running on the treadmill
    3. fine ass high school sluts
    4. MILFs
    5. guys under 5'4'' who are retardedly huge
    6. watching aerobics classes with emphasis on the "asses"
    7. old men who lift stupid amounts of weight
    8. watching my biceps grow to the size of mountains

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2003 7:07am

Style: Big Cans O' Whoopass!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lechuza

I don't ask anyone to spot me unless I have already seen the spot and I trust them - for that very reason. Most people simply just don't know HOW to spot.

My major peeve - is Big guys who are two lazy to rerack their weights and they live 110 pound dumbells on the floor for someone who works there to rereck for them. I have started calling them on it... it really pisses me off.

But other than that is the thing that irks me the most is seeing grown men leg press 300 pounds and think they are doing something.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    11/30/2003 3:59am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is tough to find a good spotter. I tend to always lift to try and lift to failure and I want to push myself as hard as I can...that is why I always try and find people that are working out for a purpose besides looking good.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2003 7:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to work out at a YMCA. It was brand new and built in a rich neigborhood. In the weight room, there were leaks. From pretty much the time it opened too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 10:58am

Style: JKD, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use to go to this one gym where this big mofo would work out. If he were more toned, I would have questioned his use of steroids, cause he had some fat to him. But he was built, very muscular, and thought he was the man. Nice guy I'll admit, but there was this gorgeous, gorgeous burnette that worked out there too. One day he got on the bench and put over 300 lbs on it and I said "Want a spot?" and he said "No" and I said "Want to put the pad on it?" and he said "No", picked it up and dropped it on himself. Everyone except the burnette looked up. Luckily there were some side bars that caught it, or else he would have broken his ribs.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 11:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite is when guys leave the 45 pound plates on the bench. Then they go off and do their next thing while watching to see if you have to take them off! Man that used to drive me nuts. At the time I weighed what they where leaving on the rack!

Also there are plenty of productive things to do with less than 135 pounds. Especially if you are doing high rep training.

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't stand the soccer moms on any of the aeroboic machines that read magazines, appearently they can't figure out if you're able to read you're not working out hard enough, and then they wonder why they can't get rid of their saddle bags.
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Marasmos

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The gym I used to go to in Cambridge, MA. had a couple of guys who literaly lived in the locker room and showers and watch. That was fucking annoying.
    You say what about my rice?

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    12/04/2003 5:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by WhiteShark
    Also there are plenty of productive things to do with less than 135 pounds. Especially if you are doing high rep training.

ERRERR...WRONG IF YOU CAN'T DO MUCH OF ANYTHING WITH 135 ON A FLAT BENCH YOU NEED TO USE THE MACHINES 'CAUSE YOUR PANSY ASS SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM FREE WEIGHTS BIATCH!!!

What is better is when everyone assumes you're the one that leaves the 45s or 100s on a bar and they expect you to take them off because their bitch asses can't. Very annoying when you're not even the one who does. Hell most gyms I've been in the benches almost always have 135 on them when you walk up. Oh well guess I'll have to scrounge 4 more plates up.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast