Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 5:32pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for a good energy suppliment.

I used to kick off every morning with a nice energy drink(Nos was my favorite) But all that caffine and sugar and possibly be good for me so I have been trying to find a replacement. I am not big on coffee, to be honeeat it goes straight through me. I tried the five hour power and the Stacker g hour stuff both gave me an hour before I was tired again and they tasted awful. So I went to the health food store on hopes of finding something with a little more kick. I found this"Natures best Life Blast XTREME ENERGY" tasted worst than the energy shot. Plus I honestly fell asleep soon after taking it. I heard of a certain energy drink that has no sugar or caffine, but I go to the stores that the website says carries it and none of them do. Anybody got any suggestions?

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 5:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sleep more. Drink more water. Eat more food.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 5:42pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    5 hour energy shot is the best stop i've had.

no jitters, no crash, nice alertness. there's some weird tingling though.

i'm a scholarship student who takes 19 credits a semester and 5 hour energy shot is what gets me through.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 5:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear ya Vinh, some days you just need that extra oomf. 5 hour just doesnt work for me. I try to get as much sleep as I can but I have a hectic schedule. I drink a gallon of water a day.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 5:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TeM just wrote a review of "Explosive Endurance" in the PT forum, you should probably check that out (it's at the top).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 7:31pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yerba Mate. Guarana. I like them both. They work well for me. Option 3? cocaine.
    Or if you're still looking for caffiene, but not from coffee: Green tea.

Also I eat an apple every morning and that seems to wake me up quick, which is good because my shift starts at 3:30am. I don't think that's an all day sort of thing, but it's a good way to wake up.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a dream... that someday people pay attention to the sticky threads.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2008 6:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will have to try the apple deal, I at an apple with lunch every day. I didnt read that thread I saw the title and thought it was a multi vitamin not an energy supplement. I do take some B12 every morning and I drink green tea. But I think part of the problem is my size. I am 6'7 290lbs. (I am trying to get down to 250) certain dosages effect me differently. like after my shoulder surgery I was given vicodin, which has a nasty reputation for completely laying out people who take it. It barely effected me. I had my wisdom teeth removed a year ago and they put me under. After wards I was 100% I even jogged around the parking lot to prove the point. When my dad (5'9 230lbs) well, when he got home from having his teeth removed a few years before I had to carry him up stairs. I think I will have to have a sit down with a nutritionist and see what they will think.

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 12:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eat right, get your sleep in. Energy supps are over-rated IMO. If you want to build up more energy in general look into testosterone building supps (ZMA, Trib, etc.).