Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to use this in moving step pretty regularly. If we couldn't get them over the hip, you could usually still force them out of the ring with superior positioning, in a move we called the "donkey walk".

Posted On:
    2/20/2014 2:42pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A fine analysis from a karate perspective by Jack Slack at Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-school-karate

I'm not a karate-ka, but everything he says here applies to the CMA variants as well. Also, this is lovely:

Gojushiho/Useishi/Hotaku is a kata that appears in many styles of karate and features a similar throw as well as headbutts and all sorts of other slick nastiness. If you're a karateka and all you're doing is repping out the moves in the air, go have a think about some of the cooler stuff you can do with the motions you're practising instead of just assaulting your own personal space.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2014 4:40pm

Style: Xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    ^^Braggart.

Bagua and Xingyi have a similar move.
    The setup is different of course but it reminds me of some heng and snake apps i've seen.

27 seconds in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2014 6:33pm

Style: Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done a very similar throw but I can't remember what it was called or whether I did it in TJJ or Aikido. If you time it right it really is a effortless throw. Damn hard to describe though without using lots of drawings and arrows.

You're kind of side on to each-other and you move sideways towards them. The arm closest to them goes across their chest while the leg closest to them goes behind theirs. You keep moving sideways in a highish horse stance with your hip a little lower than theirs. When your body makes contact the movement lifts them off their feet a little and you just open or lift your chest and your arm takes them backwards over your leg. If you continue the sideways movement as you do it they can go spinning quite far.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 10:05pm

Style: xBJJ xTKD ninpo nusubito

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rusher View Post
    A fine analysis from a karate perspective by Jack Slack at Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-school-karate

I'm not a karate-ka, but everything he says here applies to the CMA variants as well. Also, this is lovely:
    jack slack has an account here. too bad he doesn't post anymore.

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 3:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We were doing that throw the other night in mma. Might try to get a video of the set up.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 9:03am

Style: Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's really interesting how this move with many little variations has showed up in so many different styles. I suppose leverage and body mechanics are universal. :)

Posted On:
    4/10/2014 7:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74 View Post
    Yes I know the throw. It's called Ying Feng Chao Yang Shou (鹰 凤 超 阳手 ?).

I have executed it in sparring on more than 1 occasion, against a stationary opponent and as a lead leg front kick counter. This movement is not unique to Baji it can be found in many other CMA systems including Tai Ji. I have seen it executed in SanDa matches in China.

Essentially the person executing the throw steps in deep behind his opponents lead leg and then uses his lead arm in a fast and forceful motion to push his opponent over his leg. To put it simply it's a big leg trip. If you catch the opponent with his lead foot in the air it does become a little more punishing of a motion.

When the motion is trained we actually step forward into a Bing Bu (并步)with both arms swinging out and then wrapping in to hug ourselves, we then step forward again with the lead foot into a Gong Bu (弓步)or Ma Bu (马步)and open both arms wide forcefully for torque purposes, which is what you see him doing in the video.

That's about the best I can explain it, hopefully someone else may come along that can explain it better.
    Do you mean like Machida's sweeps? Or when you say with two arms what do you mean? When do you use just one arm over the shoulder vs two as you sweep and do you put your knee over one leg or both?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    4/20/2014 8:08am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll see if I can find a video example, that would make things a lot clearer
    安氏八极拳学生
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011