Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They might, but I wonder the shipping costs could offset the gains in price.

Just for shits and giggles, I did my own atol drink today using walnuts, pecans and some peanut butter and soy milk.

I took a handful of walnuts and pecans, grinded them into a paste with a coffee grinder, then added it to a 50/50 boiling mix of water and soy milk (about a cup) with some splenda and a spoon of peanut butter.

It came out great and I may do use this as my morning drink -I may add some tofu and blueberries beaten to a pulp, a bit of barley, don't know yet. The whole thing took me about 5 minutes to make.

Maybe you guys may find this idea useful as a way to increase your options for a morning quick meal. It has no animal protein (unless you use cow milk), but has a good amount of protein, good fats and fiber.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds good mate!

Yesterday I had Powdered Oats, Chocolate whey and Peanut Butter. It tasted like peanut M&M's :)
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 1:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a question on this BCAA stuff, should I take it on days when I am not doing anything physical?

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 1:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on your diet. If you are eating plenty of meat and protein shakes, you could get away with only taking it after your workouts (or in the morning afters at the latest.)

Otherwise, it'd be better if you take it at least 5 times a week.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 2:21pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question for for you El Macho: Between Prolab's BCAA Plus and AllMax' Leutor-70 the cost relative to Leucine content seems even but the other ingredients are slightly different: Leutor-70 has KIS. Which do you think is a more effective formula?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/leu.html

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 2:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's assume the current discount prices for both products ($39.99 for 30 servings of Leutor-70 and $17.99 for 30 servings of BCAA Plus) remain as such. Also, let's ignore all other ingredients and look only at the BCAAs.

The basic breakdown is as follows:

BCAA Plus (30 servings)

$0.59/serving of 3.780g of BCAAs or $0.1561/g

Leutor-70 (30 servings)

$1.33/serving of 8.2g of BCAAs or $0.1622/g

Gram by gram of BCAAs, they are comparable in price. I'd still go with BCAA Plus because it's a cheaper bottle (because it contains more than half per serving that Leutor-70.)

Remember what you are using BCAAs (and supplements in general) for - to recover and remain healthy while you are doing your MAs. For that, this is sufficient, and you can always take additional caps and buy an additional bottle if you wish so. Gram by gram, they are of the same price.

That's what I'd do. I'd like to keep it simple and within budget as much as possible.

However, if my main goal were to optimize muscle and strenght gains (but primarily muscle gains), then I would need to go with the higher end products (which are just the same as the cheaper ones, but just happen to contain more grams of the good ****.)

Keep in mind what your goals are, eat well and keep it simple. These three points will keep your expenses within budget.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 6/04/2008 2:53pm at .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123