Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

blotter art.

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 6:07pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously you missed the memo, Bashing Kimbo is now uncool.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 6:24pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is politically correct asshole Bill O'Reilly bashing on Kimbo Slice for being black?

oh, it's beacause people like Bill will try any half assed arguement to mask their racism, like he does with hispanics and arabs.

I saw an interview with kimbo, and he seems like a pretty smart, decent, hard working guy.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 6:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kimbo's whole persona is based on careful marketing, (why else would an amatur-level/low-level professional fighter like him be headlining events?) and instead of attacking the sport as a whole, people like O'Reilly use him to attack the sport. It's pretty easy, too. He's a scary looking black man who got famous fighting in parking lots and backyards.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 6:41pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This just makes me wonder: what if Kimbo loses. I mean EXC, whose entire marketing of this fight is resting on Kimbo, hardly mentions James' name in the adverts. So if James won, I can imagine the John Q. Public wonder "Who the heck is this James guy? Isn't Kimbo supposed to win or something?" It just seems to me they are putting a lot on Kimbo's shoulders and should he not win, then wth is EXC going to do?

This reminds me of something about eggs and a basket.....

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 6:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    That article sucks balls because it doesn't acknowledge that Kimbo is training with Bas and has become a real MMA fighter. The dude works hard and is doing it the right way. He isn't drinking and hanging out with thugs. He is a disciplined fighter training with the best.

While I respect Kimbo's dedication and training and hope he does well, this article makes a very valid point. He hasn't accomplished a single damn thing to warrant the hype.

And that building your brand around him as EliteXC is doing is very risky, he'll either live up to the hype or be a sever disappointment when he finally fights someone in the top 30 for heavy weights.

Also I think Elite is kind of hopping that the noob MMA fans will keep supporting Kimbo with out having to give him real competition.

At some point though some the people will want to see Kimbo VS a well known free agent, like Tim Sylvia, Monson, Arlovski or something, and frankly he'll be destroyed so quickly it will hurt them.

I think EliteXC will be the Arena football league to the UFC as NFL.

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 6:47pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Kimbo's whole persona is based on careful marketing, (why else would an amatur-level/low-level professional fighter like him be headlining events?) and instead of attacking the sport as a whole, people like O'Reilly use him to attack the sport. It's pretty easy, too. He's a scary looking black man who got famous fighting in parking lots and backyards.
    That's reinforcing a stereotype, and no matter how true it might seem, I don't know why somebody as decent(no sarcasm, I like kimbo) such as Kimbo would subject himself to this....

I don't know what to call it, but I'll use the word "Whoring" for lack of a better one.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 6:51pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, I have no idea why kimbo would accept hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight cans, doesn't he realize that they are just using him?

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 9:18pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    Oh yeah, I have no idea why kimbo would accept hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight cans, doesn't he realize that they are just using him?
    Apparently being the next Mr. T (or maybe, the real Mr. T cause he actually fights) pays pretty well.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 9:30pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [emo]Leave the man and his slice of bread alone!!![/emo]
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 9:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

O'Reilly

As someone above mentioned conservatives, I wanted to point out that Bill O'Reilly is much more a populist with some conservative views than an actual conservative. He's more the type to see himself as a tribune for the common man than have a coherent conservative philosophy.

On topic, I'm interested to see Kimbo's fight and to see if free, network tv MMA can take off.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast