Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 10:41am

Style: Wrestling, WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

McSeminar at McThrowdown 2004 (February)

I'm sure that most of us have read about the recent drama with TigerFly, Djimbe, and Matt Thornton. If not, see the following link to catch up:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1

(OK, now that everybody is up to speed) I plan to be there for the McThrowdown in February, and I just had an idea. Why don't we invite Matt Thornton to come and give a SBG seminar that weekend, then invite him to the McThrowdown afterward. This way we can all learn something, roll with Matt (if he accepts the invitation), and a certain couple will hevfe the opportunity to put up or shut up. It would be great!

This is not a troll, so please don't troll in response. I am being as serious as a heart attack here. Whoever is organizing the McThrowdown, can you find out how much it would cost to bring MT out for a seminar? To the rest of you, how would you feel about doing a seminar that weekend.

You know, if this idea builds, McThrowdown could become a big convention, like a trade show. Several seminars, products to sell, and good old fashion wuppons!!

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 11:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's actually goingot be january 31

Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The repurcusions of such an action can be severe. Much violence can come on that day. Tempers can flair. Head will roll. the Dark side, this is...................**** YEA!!!!! DO IT DO IT!! GOOD IDEA! I'm New but wow I got to try to get this this Mcthrowdown of yours..sounds cool.
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can't afford him.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He can write it off as charity work. Hahah... or free advertising.
    Now or never.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, the money for the seminar could probably be arranged. Paying for a fight however, is probably beyond us.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 12:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually it could prove a lot. Djimbe could jump Matt in the parking lot, and after the survivor is put into prison you'll have all thoughs fights in the joint...much could be found out.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 12:31pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget:

Money for seminar, airfare, accomodations, food, etc...

Stand and Deliver, Bitch

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Whatever Works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH OH ...a cagge match..or a buried alive one. No, that may not work. You have to be able to carry your opponnent to it. i don't think Matt is that strong....hmmm well whatever happens, have the popcorn ready.
    ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2003 1:03pm

Style: Wrestling, WC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a few replies:

The repurcusions of such an action can be severe. Much violence can come on that day. Tempers can flair. Head will roll. the Dark side, this is...................**** YEA!!!!! DO IT DO IT!! GOOD IDEA! I'm New but wow I got to try to get this this Mcthrowdown of yours..sounds cool
    It doesn't have to be violent. From what I understand there was any bad blood at the last McThrowdown, and there is no reason why this one should be any different.

You can't afford him.
    You'd be surprised at what I can afford, and how much I would be willing to pay for a really good seminar.

Actually, the money for the seminar could probably be arranged. Paying for a fight however, is probably beyond us.
    I was thinking we could pay him for the seminar, then invite him to come and watch McThrowdown while he's in town. If he wants to mix it up, great! If not, that's ok, too. Maybe he could give pointers. In any case, it would be an invitation, not a prize fight.

Actually it could prove a lot. Djimbe could jump Matt in the parking lot, and after the survivor is put into prison you'll have all thoughs fights in the joint...much could be found out.
    Like I said, it can be done in the spirit of sportsmanship. No bad blood.

I've been searching the web, but I haven't been able to find out any information about the costs. Have any of you guys found anything?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast