Posted On:
    6/09/2008 11:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Old School. New Testament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 1:14am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else have links to the fights? RuTube works like ass, and none of the fights come through for me there. Also, screw listening to them in Japanese. I still haven't seen the piledriver Marquardt.

I think I've seen the rest though (holy **** Wiman! And I had you pegged as a pretty-boy.).

Also, I think GSP can take Alves.

And also, **** England. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svsNFOYfnwQ is a paper-tiger bitch. His only serious opponent being Matt Hammel, and we all know how that went.

Dagon
    Last edited by Dagon Akujin; 6/11/2008 1:21am at . Reason: found a couple more.

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 1:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, some rule clarifications:

Quote Originally Posted by Big John McCarthy
    On "After The Bell" on The Fight Network, immediately after UFC 85, former UFC referee "Big" John McCarthy clarified a number of official rulings in the Unified Rules of MMA, and also addressed an upcoming convention that will improve upon the current state of both refereeing and judging in future events.

The video is not yet on TheFightNetwork.com, but I would assume that it would be added soon. Highlights are as follows:

- In the case of an illegal strike (knee to the head of Thales Leites, finger to the eye of Scott Smith, etc.), the fighter DOES NOT get up to five minutes to recover. That ONLY applies to a low blow, wherein the fighter is allowed up to five minutes to continue. For illegal strikes, the referee must call the doctor into the cage (and Herb Dean did do this), get the doctor's approval that the afflicted fighter can continue, then must immediately restart the fight. The five-minute rule does NOT apply.

- The point deduction for the offending knee strike in the Marquardt vs Leites fight was justified.

- With regards to strikes to the back of the head, everything that Joe Rogan said on the telecast was misleading and incorrect. McCarthy reiterated that he was in the room when the original "Unified Rules" were drawn up back in 2001 (and that Herb Dean and Joe Rogan were not), and the initial ruling was that you start at the point of the head at the back of the skull and draw an imaginary line down to the base of the neck. Any strikes within a ONE INCH area to the left or right of that line are illegal.

- This means that all strikes behind the ear, like the one in the Marquardt vs Leites fight, and all others that are not directly aimed at the back of the skull or base of the neck, are perfectly legal. McCarthy made mention of referees and commentators (Rogan) making up their own justifications, such as Rogan's nonsense comment about "imagine you're wearing headphones." Rogan's comment was completely false.

- Rogan's further suggestion that mixed martial arts should use replays is a terrible and implausible idea, because you can't just stop a fight repeatedly to go check to see if an error was made. McCarthy said that no one's perfect, including himself, but that instant replay isn't going to help anything and could adversely alter the fight.

- The fact that Nate Marquardt's piledriver on Thales Leites with 10 seconds left in the fight went completely unmentioned and unpunished was ridiculous, as spiking an opponent on their head is clearly illegal. You cannot intentionally drop an opponent on their head.

- There is an upcoming convention in Montreal from July 1-7 that will bring together all members of the Athletic Commissions across North America to better educate both the referees and judges for mixed martial arts fights. This should result in vastly increased awareness in many areas that are currently badly lacking, and (hopefully) will result in far fewer controversial incidents, like the ones of the past 10 days.

- This convention will address issues such as potential rule changes to the Unified Rules, so we can hope that knees to the head on the ground might finally be permitted.

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 3:22am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha
    As much as I hate to admit it, yes. Jucao got triangled by a blue belt.

I haven't seen the fight, would be interesting to see how it all went down.
    Carneiro got hit with an upkick when he was standing over Burns' guard, he tried to come down with a big right hand and ended up with one arm in but the leg was trapped under his leg; burns cleared it and got the triangle. He had been looking tired and frustrated that he couldn't pass Burns guard, and combined with the upkick I think he was tired and maybe a little dazed and made a tiny mistake, which Burns was smart and technical enough to capitalize on.

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 3:37am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    Anyone else have links to the fights? RuTube works like ass, and none of the fights come through for me there. Also, screw listening to them in Japanese. I still haven't seen the piledriver Marquardt.

I think I've seen the rest though (holy **** Wiman! And I had you pegged as a pretty-boy.).

Also, I think GSP can take Alves.

And also, **** England. Bisping is a paper-tiger bitch. His only serious opponent being Matt Hammel, and we all know how that went.

Dagon
    www.dailymotion.com

Also... **** you. Bisping is a quality fighter (particularly @ middleweight) it's a little unfair to say he has'nt fought anyone of quality they hav'nt exactly been cans, He's looked good in his last two fights IMO.
    Sooner or later Dana will give him a title shot and he will more than likely get beat by Anderson Silva- but then who does'nt get beat by Andeson Silva?

I think Bisping will prove himslef to be one of the best fighters in the Division.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 6/11/2008 3:41am at .

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 9:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Bisping has a lot of potential to be a force at 185.

Yes, he will be fucking people up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 10:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada
    www.dailymotion.com

Your country is the only one who thinks he's special.

Who has Bisping fought? No, tell me what he's done that's so special, especially considering the calibre of other fighters in his weight class. What, Josh Haynes (9-10)? Elvis Sinosic (8-11-2)? Pointon (6-10)? Mehmet (3-4)? Radford (1-3)?

Bisping's 16-1 record is being kept safe in order to bring in Brit fans. It's not because of his "skills" as a fighter.

Also, that link doesn't have the piledriver fight.

Dagon

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 1:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think if Bisping had fought Leben a lot of questions about his viability as a 185 contender would have been answered. Hopefully the UFC will set up that match in the States sometime soon. Or perhaps a showdown with Rich Franklin? (If he can't get by those two then he has no business in the ring with Anderson)

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 2:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd like to see Bisping fight Henderson. His weakness is wrestling. That would answer my questions, and then I could cry as he gets added to the list of fighters destroyed by A. Silva.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    6/11/2008 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched the Burns fight last night; it was a really good fight. Carneiro came out and tried for a takedown immediately, Burns reversed it directly into mount and landed some heavy leather before Carneiro got back to his fight. He buzzed Carneiro on the feet a couple times and defended several takedowns before eventually getting taken down again. He repeatedly replaced guard immediately after being passed, threatened subs and hit a lot of elbows, and when Carneiro passed directly to mount near the end of the round, he defended well and got back to butterfly guard before time ran out.

Carneiro came out looking tired and visibly discouraged in the second and ate a significant amount of leather before getting Burns down again. Burns also opened a big gash in Carneiro's forehead with elbows before getting the upkick and then the triangle.

Really good fight, and Carneiro didn't look bad so much as Burns looked very good.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast