224984 Bullies, 3531 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 7:00pm

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic
    This is clearly the one of the instances when wikipedia is not a credible source. I refuse to believe Jardine, who has been in the UFC for as long as he has, only got 10 000 even if it was on the undercard.
    http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/527/ufc_324884.shtml
    http://MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonke...lion-bucks.mma

This is public info

Edit: Apparently involving monkey scrotums, but you can get the links from the wiki article.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackmagic
    This is clearly the one of the instances when wikipedia is not a credible source. I refuse to believe Jardine, who has been in the UFC for as long as he has, only got 10 000 even if it was on the undercard.
    Jardine is, I think, still on a TUF contract. And he wasn't a winner.

20 to win is about what most of those guys get before they renegotiate.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 7:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I completely forgot he was on TUF. He's got a pretty recognizable name. I thought he would draw more. Can't argue with the paperwork though.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 3:28am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJ Penn ($250,000) def. Sean Sherk ($35,000)
    Wanderlei Silva ($150,000) def. Keith Jardine ($10,000)
    LMAO, fantastic. Exactly what they deserved.

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 3:58am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering how much money the UFC makes off ticket prices and international 'pay per view' fees the Purses they pay their Fighters are fucking pathetic!

Dana White is officially a ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 4:15am

Style: Hiatus: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the end its a business, but its the same story we've heard before: Big names get paid substantially better win or lose. Machida doesn't fill seats/turn on TV sets, same with Jardine or anyone else. If they're a Superstar (Even if they've repeatedly failed to deliver) they will still get paid more then the better Fighter. UFC sucks as far as purses go, and the only ones I recall paying better were Japanese Promotions (PRIDE), but that may be subject to change (Afflictions maybe?). S'why so many fighters have been jumping ship and will probably continue to due so. The UFC maybe the biggest show in town, but its not close to the best from behind the scenes.

The money is in endorsement deals (CondomDepot FTW!). I recall Mayhem Miller thanking his sponsors for keeping him a float while he was rehabilitating from an injury.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada
    Considering how much money the UFC makes off ticket prices and international 'pay per view' fees the Purses they pay their Fighters are fucking pathetic!

Dana White is officially a ****.
    The payout on this card was over a million. With the bonuses it is close to 1.5 mil.
    The gate took in 4. A fair amount of that goes to the venue, a lot more goes to all the logistics involved in putting on a show. I'd be surprised if the UFC made any money on the event prior to ppv money.

PPV money rolls in over time, you don't get it the day of. It will be interesting to see what the buys were (probably around 700k). Several of the people on the card also get a cut of that (Tito does and I'm pretty sure Penn does, others probably do as well).

While we all agree that pay should be higher, some of those guys making their debut in the UFC bring in less money than they make.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 9:21am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    The payout on this card was over a million. With the bonuses it is close to 1.5 mil.
    The gate took in 4. A fair amount of that goes to the venue, a lot more goes to all the logistics involved in putting on a show. I'd be surprised if the UFC made any money on the event prior to ppv money.

PPV money rolls in over time, you don't get it the day of. It will be interesting to see what the buys were (probably around 700k). Several of the people on the card also get a cut of that (Tito does and I'm pretty sure Penn does, others probably do as well).

While we all agree that pay should be higher, some of those guys making their debut in the UFC bring in less money than they make.
    educated response FTW!

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and again, let's not forget that "contracted fight purses" and "how much the ufc actually pays people" are completely and totally different things. the former is simply a minimum, and all that they are obliged to report to the commission.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 11:11am

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Purses donít seem too bad to me, considering their history. It DOES suck that Sherk is still getting **** ends for pay, but you have to allocate everything from his sponsors as well into that. Wand looks like his pay dropped though.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast