Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omega.

Please, can we have more, sir?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:09pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This better end with Omega using the Dim Mak on Daniels father!

Posted On:
    6/22/2008 9:58pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or punching him with his face.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 12:06am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    True story. You can find part of this story in some of my Omegenism threads:

I went to a full contact tournament only to find they were having a weapon fighting tournament and a grappling tournament piggy backing on the main tournament.

I told them I had my weapons in the car and they inspected them to make sure they were cool to use. When I show up for.....whooops, class started I'll back to this.

So when I show up for the competition I see a bunch of 18 to 20 year newbie blackbelts. I'm thinking to myself "this is so unfair and I had a grappling tournament and a full contact tournament to do". So I turned toward the judge for the event "You know what? I'm going to drop out."

All the judges and the promoter came up to me and asked me why I wanted to drop out. "It wouldn't be fair to these guys. Most of these competitors just got their blackbelts and I'm 10 years older than most of them."

All of a sudden Master Frank Daniels (Raymond's Dad) comes up to me "You are being disrespectful to these competitors. They came here to challenge themselves and to drop out is to show complete lack of respect.....(insert long rant about respect and honor that I can't really remember)....

More to come.

So back to the story:

After some quick debate amongst the competitors and judges I agree to do the competition. I told them I was also doing the bjj tournament so I'd be busy running between the two locations. (let me know if you want to hear the comedy of the bjj tournament).

So in my first round the kid walks up with his sticks. I told him to go ahead and pick a weapon. He looks at me funny and says "I'm using the escrima".

"No" and I point to the weapons behind me, "I have a staff, bokken and sticks; which one would you like me to fight you with?"

He looks at me funny and says "The staff".

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah why?"

"That's my best weapon"

"Okay"

"Alright" and then this guy comes up to me "you've got a grappling match in 5 minutes".

So I ask the judges to hold on but Frank Daniels comes in and tells them to start the match. I figure I didn't want to be tired for my grappling match so as soon as the judge said go I threw the staff at him, did a double leg and tapped him out with an ankle lock. I get up bow to my opponent and start to run off. Master Daniels stops me and says I've got to do the second round.

"Second round? Why's there a second round I just made him tap?....never mind".

The judge says go again and I stabbed him in the face with the end of my staff and back tripped the guy to the ground so I could rear naked choke him. I bowed out and ran off to my grappling match.

More to come.

My first grappling match was a complete fiasco at the tournament I ran over back to the weapons only to have Sensei Daniels lecture me again "Son, we all know you can grapple these kids came here to test their weapons skill you should try to meet them on that plane" (complete paraphrasing on my part as this happened nearly a decade ago).

So I gave the next competitor the same choice of which weapon he wanted me to use. He asked me which weapon was my worse (if I had brought the nunchukas I would've said those) and I told him the sword. So he agreed.......

The first round basically went like this (you guys who do swords can recognize the pattern). He came at me with both sticks; high block/parry down/disarm first stick/decapitate....duck gut slash/parry down disarm second stick/ decapitate again draw back. He stands there weaponless and I gave him the nod to go pick up his weapons. He goes over and picks up his weapons and he charges.....right into a pulled spinning back kick. I knock the wind out of him.

Everybody rushes in to help the kid and one of the refs comes up to me and ask me to have "better control". I was five seconds from losing it when Sensei Daniels gives me the calm down sign. They end the first rd and he chooses not to continue on into the second round. I run over to do my 2nd match.

After my 2nd match (yes I won but who cares). I run back and find out I have one more match. The judges come up to me and ask me to take it easy on the competitor. I told them that I don't have a problem with this but I told them that this was going to happen. These guys weren't ready to compete at this level. All the other weapon fights I've done have been near full contact. This competition was set up to be like that but now they're asking me to settle down. This one was on them. I'd bring it down but they should've let me back out when I wanted to.

So I start the next match stick on stick. It looked kinda like this but with two sticks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__C0ZbIavPs

So I'm completely exausted and I run over to do my last grappling match. I'll give super kudos if anybody can guess how I lost the grappling match, and yes I've given you a clue. (you have 2 days)

So they clear the rest of the tournament and set up for the full contact karate part of it. I thought I was going to fight Raymond but found out I got bumped to the heavy weights. Everybody else was 6' and taller. I was 5'10" Everybody else was 220lbs+ I was 190. I fought 3 matches and ended up winning the division except for the fact in my last match I went for a double leg and my neck snapped back. Fortunately it was literally the last second of the round and I ended up winning via points.

So it was me, Raymond and one other guy in the grand championships. Raymond and I get matched up and I walk over pat him on the back and say "you win I'm out wish I could get a chance at the money with you".

I think Raymond thought I was too good for him which was hardly the case. He was really good back then too althought I think I did better at takedowns and I was heavier then him. I told him that my neck was fucked up and I couldn't continue. He didn't believe me at first and I said "dude, you think I'd duck out of a chance to win $1000?"

Oh, now he believes me.

Truthfully guys not a super exciting story but definitely sticks out in my life.
    I merged the posts for easier reading.

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 4:38am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch, sounds kind of like a sucky situation to be in. "I wanna back out." "Don't be insulting" then "Stop beating the up so bad" all the while catching flak for doing more than two things at once. To be honest, I'dve "**** this"'d pretty quick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 10:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you almost fought Raymond, nice. As someone who is interested in seeing where his career goes, I'm glad you shared this "behind the scenes" tale with us. Thanks!

And who knows, maybe you'll be famous someday for knowing him. There is an article posted in the News section that touts Raymond as the next Cung Le. :booty:

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 10:49am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Almost fought Cung Le twice too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 11:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Almost fought Cung Le twice too.
    Damn sounds like you have a lot of brushes with fame. You ought to compile your stories and publish a book!

Hmmmmm... I wonder of Cung and Raymond have ever crossed paths. That would be an interesting match.

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 9:02pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiss
    Damn sounds like you have a lot of brushes with fame. You ought to compile your stories and publish a book!

Hmmmmm... I wonder of Cung and Raymond have ever crossed paths. That would be an interesting match.
    Please. Cung Le by multiple Harai Goshis and suplexes.

EDIT: Daniels' opponent sure likes the RNC...I hope Raymond has some grappling in his bag of tricks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/23/2008 9:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ray and Cung have always been on opposite ends of the spectrum. Cung gave up on the full contact stuff. I met him once during a full contact tournament in which he was out pointed. He was pissed. I ended up going into the finals and losing in the finals. Cung told me he hated the rules and would probably go back to full San Shou. This was in '97 I believe.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast