Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 1:02pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Raymond Daniels MMA debut at Strikeforce

BASKA wrote:

Hi everyone this is Tony Kattengell the promoter of The 5th Anuual Shark City Nationals, just sending out an important message about one of our Super Stars in the Sport Karate World.

You've seen him on the World Sport Karate circuit, The Chuck Norris World Combat League, now come see him in action in the octagon.

Let's show our support for one of our very own World Champion Sport Karate Star "Raymond The Real Deal Daniels", he will be making his debut in MMA at the Strikeforce event on June 27th at the San Jose HP Pavillion (Home of the NHL San Jose Sharks Hockey Team) the day before the 5th Annual SCN Championships on Saturday June 28th 2008

For those of you coming in from all over United States for the Shark City Nationals let's show our support on Friday night for one of our very own on June 27th at the San Jose HP Pavillion for this exciting event and witness the birth of a NEW Champion in the world of MMA from Raymond " The Real Deal" Daniels.

I had no idea he did any groundwork. Does anyone know who he is fighting?

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had no idea he did any groundwork.
    is there anybody left who doesn't do any groundwork? besides sokoudjou?

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 2:04pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I for one have followed this guy for a while and would LOVE to see him in a cage

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 2:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    is there anybody left who doesn't do any groundwork? besides sokoudjou?
    What I meant was that I have never seen or heard of him demostrate his ground fighting in any way. For a guy who is doing so well as a kickboxer, he has never mentioned wanting to do MMA in anything that I've read. This just seemed out of the blue to me and I was hoping someone might know more details.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 2:23pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, I never thought he'd make the transition. I used to run into Raymond years ago at full contact tournaments. I'm wondering how his style is going to drive the mma guys batty.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 2:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I saw of him in WCL this guy has a real chance of pulling of some of the more exotic kicks in an MMA match. Should be super entertaining as long as he can stay standing.

Omega: Did you ever see him do any groundwork? It would be nice to know what caliber and quality it is...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    From what I saw of him in WCL this guy has a real chance of pulling of some of the more exotic kicks in an MMA match. Should be super entertaining as long as he can stay standing.

Omega: Did you ever see him do any groundwork? It would be nice to know what caliber and quality it is...
    Yeah, I'd like to hear about any groud skills he has or who he trains under (besides his dad). And like you say, IF he can keep it standing. Because if I was fighting Daniels and I had tuned into even 1 of his WCL fights, I'd try to take him to the ground straight away.

Omega, you met Daniels? Is he cool, or is he as cocky as he appears on screen? He seemed surprisingly humble in his interview on Turf Wars. His style and kicks are insane, but I can't help bu think he will have to tone all that down a bunch for MMA.

PS- Which reminds me, he had 2 new fights this weekend on Versus:
    YouTube - WCL - Raymond "The Real Deal" Daniels vs Chris Decaro
    YouTube - WCL - Raymond "The Real Deal" Daniels vs El-Java Abul-Gadir
    Last edited by Valiss; 5/27/2008 3:04pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 3:17pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daniel is cool in person so's his dad and his brother. But yes he is a cocky fighter but hey, whatever works.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 3:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Daniel is cool in person so's his dad and his brother. But yes he is a cocky fighter but hey, whatever works.
    As long as he gets the job done, right? And for my money, he's one of the most entertaining fighters out there. Do you know anything about his ground skills?

And if anyone happens to know who he is fighting, let us know.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the plus side, he's got obvious KO power in both his punches and his kicks. He's an "unorthodox" striker and also very fast. On the negative side, all that bouncing around and the jumping/spinning techniques are going to both eat away his energy in longer fights with longer rounds and they really open him up for the clinch and take down.

If he doesn't have a groundgame he'll get eaten alive. If he does, we could be looking at the next new and exciting fighter in MMA.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast