5/28/2008 10:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No BS Martial Arts - View Single Post - Kyokushin Full-Contact Sparring
    Sandan according to the post.

There you go wolf.

Sarcasm. You know you troll most non-serious threads like I do.

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 10:52am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, it is fake, any possibility in creating a 'full contact fighter' tag like these fellas mentioned?

Or, just - 'karate bb'? I am a shotokan black belt, have fought full contact, and it'd be cool to have some sort of tag.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 10:54am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no there will be no karate bb. it's too generic and most karate schools any more do not train in a manner anywhere close to Kyokushin. Full contact fighter is a possibility though. i'll run it by the staff.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a knockdown karate black belt tag would make the most sense of what i've seen here. it's just a LOT of text.

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 10:57am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its true I can not lie

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 10:58am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Out of interest, how long does it normally take to get a BB in KK?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 11:04am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I know is I train hard and spar harder. At my schools last tourny I sparred 3 guys my size, full contact with head punches and take downs for 3x3 minute rounds. But since its the ke?po and not kk it wont matter what belt I get to in BS's eyes.

It dosnt really affect me as I dont have a bb in any style. But I think some guys on this site who bang in other styles must feel alot of bias from BShido.

I heard there arent going to be any fists for TD's any more because people started sucking. Whats up with that while we are on the subject

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 11:04am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    So, it is fake, any possibility in creating a 'full contact fighter' tag like these fellas mentioned?

Or, just - 'karate bb'? I am a shotokan black belt, have fought full contact, and it'd be cool to have some sort of tag.
    I'm a Third Degree in my McDojo style. I have never asked nor will I. There is to much play in basic JMA/CMA/KMA styles as was mentioned.

If you do it case by case it adds to much drama.

Plus, what Wolf said and he is staff. Me am just forum leader. Apparently people think we have much more power than we really do.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 11:10am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    All I know is I train hard and spar harder. At my schools last tourny I sparred 3 guys my size, full contact with head punches and take downs for 3x3 minute rounds. But since its the ke?po and not kk it wont matter what belt I get to in BS's eyes.

It dosnt really affect me as I dont have a bb in any style. But I think some guys on this site who bang in other styles must feel alot of bias from BShido.

I heard there arent going to be any fists for TD's any more because people started sucking. Whats up with that while we are on the subject
    it's not bias at all. it's truth. you are the EXCEPTION to the rule. We can't cater to every exception. This is about promoting someone as an expert in style that is hard sparring and alive training AS A RULE. If we gave out ke?po BB tags to only the hard sparring ke?po folks that would be pretty ridiculous, and we're certainly not going to give out tags to EVERY bb out there.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast