--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 8:45pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my opinion it's less about the martial ART vs the martial Sport, beause when you think about boxing's a sport judo a sport, and even muay thai and mma are sports. To me its become more of an issue between tkd the sport vs tkd the game. The wtf is trying to turn tkd into something thats happy, safe, and fun where no one gets hurt and nothing bad happens by taking away it's practicality and agressiveness.Tkd basically becoming korean gym class where you learn how to exercise and you play the sparring game and try to score as many points as you can. there's no competitiveness or will to dominate anymore. Tkd sparring is more of a ticky-tack game than a real full contact sport. In true sports like football you want to be faster, stronger, hit harder and play better han your opponents. your goal is to be better than them by trainning harder than them and strategyzing better than them. In ports your goal is to dominate the other competitors thats why there are different plays in football, baskeball, etc and different strategies in boxing, kickboxing, and even tennis. Your goal is to be realistical proficient in the application of your skill so they hold up in live situations. I say this becuase since wtf olympic sparring has become the center of taekwondo the martial art then that is where the revolution needs to begin. I have no problem with centering the art around actual sparring as long as you do it with the goal of DEFEATING your opponent. the tkd community needs to move toward a more agressive and serious approach to what they teach, like in all sports instructors need to train their students to be the best and the most proficient. I'm not saying everbody has to be a professional competitor, but everyone should be willing to put in the effort. Because of all the politics and comercialization tkd has lost all it's hungar, its fire, spirit, its desire.
    (Hey that rhymes 10 pts* for me)

Its like the art has been nutored in order to make it more family friendly and marketable, so to change this we need to ( in my opinion ) not so much go back to the old methods, but go back to the old mentality that tkd is not just some thing you do, but something you should do well. And as a whole tkd need to harden the **** Stephan!!

sorry for the long winded rant, but I wanted to get that off my chest.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/26/2009 10:20pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a long-winded load of complete bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 6:40am

Style: Hammer Fisting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, because nobody ever gets knocked out in Olympic sparring. Dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2009 6:43am

Style: MMA, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice post Korean Dragon...

... now what are YOU going to do anything about it, or just hope that complaining on a message board will somehow change the course of your martial art?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 5:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm new to this forum, and wanted to add my input on this topic.

I have seen many TKD schools in the U.S that teach garbage under the banner of Taekwondo - but it's not really TKD. There are orgs that are focused on money, or family fun, and that is who they are, but that is not TKD. Then there are sport schools that primarily train for competition, and that is not the full art of TKD.

I don't agree with saying that Taekwondo is getting watered down, just because so many schools are poor imitations of the actual art. Hardcore Taekwondo is rarely found, but it exists. I teach adults and children. The children learn genuine, effective TKD (not kiddy crap), but not hardcore adult Taekwondo. I have seen more hardcore TKD taught by Koreans to Koreans, but it gets modified when taught to outsiders unless you are really connected with the right Grandmasters, and are really dedicated to shut your mouth, quit complaining, and train hard!

Blue Knight

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 5:19am

Style: Hammer Fisting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we get rid of the style boards now?

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:47am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BENXPX View Post
    Can we get rid of the style boards now?
    After Blue Knight's post, I'm tempted to.

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 11:51am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Knight View Post
    I'm new to this forum, and wanted to add my input on this topic.

I have seen many TKD schools in the U.S that teach garbage under the banner of Taekwondo - but it's not really TKD. There are orgs that are focused on money, or family fun, and that is who they are, but that is not TKD. Then there are sport schools that primarily train for competition, and that is not the full art of TKD.

I don't agree with saying that Taekwondo is getting watered down, just because so many schools are poor imitations of the actual art. Hardcore Taekwondo is rarely found, but it exists. I teach adults and children. The children learn genuine, effective TKD (not kiddy crap), but not hardcore adult Taekwondo. I have seen more hardcore TKD taught by Koreans to Koreans, but it gets modified when taught to outsiders unless you are really connected with the right Grandmasters, and are really dedicated to shut your mouth, quit complaining, and train hard!

Blue Knight
    You're new to this forum, and judging by what you posted, we don't need your input. You need to stop posting and take the time to evaluate what is judged as genuine, effective TKD by Bullshido. I really doubt it's Chung Do Kwan. Also, you need to shut up about the whole Korean thing, as we have Korean posters here who know that's bullshit.

Until you can come forward with anything more than bullshit rhetoric, there is no reason why we should take your opinion seriously.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2009 2:44pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Also, you need to shut up about the whole Korean thing, as we have Korean posters here who know that's bullshit.
    I don't know man I was told by North Korean TKD master that the North Koreans teach North Korean TKD in North Korea to only real North Koreans to learn the real North Korean TKD handed down the Hwarang warrior of North Korea.

**** that was hard to type out hahaha