Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 2:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****...keep sticking a carrot in front of the pony, why shouldn't he eat it. Not saying you shouldn't broaden your game during training, but hell, he had those subs waiting to be taken, secured them with pretty good set-ups, and if they are money for him there is no reason to vier off into uncharted territory in competition is there?

How long have you been training? What divisions were those?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2008 12:24pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teens intermediate, 160-169 lbs. Been training just about 2 years.... but not all of it has been hardcore fighting, the beginning part was like.... basic strikes, and like.... forms.... and not much technical grappling at all....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2008 4:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido/BJJ/Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good work, but be carefull, dont let your guard game become a habit. it's an equally valid position in straight grappling but once strikings involved you dont want to be the one on the bottom.

I also got the impression you were very focused on the top half of your opponent. how are you with leg locks and submissions? it seemed in your first mach you were having dificulty stopping him sprawling and with taking him off balance.

one more thing, and i hope im not being to critical, it looked to me like you were wrestling with your arms and just using your legs as a sort of trap or bloccade. you might want to consider working on techniques to better control your opponents and position them with your legs rather than just using them as a vice.

i hope thats helpful, as i said before, good job. and one last thought, GET A HAIRCUT!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 12:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the hair adds to my image. People are like "Look at that redheaded slacker. Hippy just walking onto the mat like that." Notice in all my matches it looks like for sure I will get killed pre-match. >_> It has only become an inconvenience in class when I wear it down. It seems like all of your helpful criticisms are fery much what my instructor wants, and I assure you I am working on all of it. My next showing will be much better. My guard is improving and maybe even morphing into a new, far freakier animal. And as for my top game, it's coming along, along with my sweeps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 1:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Updated.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 7:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bonus points for finishing that guy with my favorite sub. My division only had 3 people in it. One of one was a 4 year wrestler. I underestimated him and got RNCed, but I beat the other guy via some handy sweeps and took 2nd. My boy Johnny took 1st in his division, and our other guy Chad took 3rd. So good times for us. I forgot to make the Bullshido banner though.

Congrats on that effortless victory. Look forward to seeing more just like it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 9:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha, thanks. Awesome that your guys did well. I assume you'll be at NAGA in september?

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 10:10pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, probably have 5-6 guys with me then. Most of them in the Novice division, but a couple in Beginner. I'll try to find you and introduce myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 10:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha, my appearance is quite distinguishable, I don't imagine you will have too much trouble.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2008 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update from Sept. 13 in first post. It was my first time in expert, and for that, I am proud of my performance. I also did really well for being taken out of my element the whole time.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast