He's a CAPITAL 10.

That's pretty elusive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 7:52pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Besides his "elusiveness", what I like most about this guy is how well he mixes in feints and taking full advantage of it.

Also is it just me or does Lyoto sounds like a name of a clan mech from mechwarrior?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 8:01pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must do push-ups before...ah whatever...I love you Babo.

Lyoto impresses me with his ability to use Shotokan in an MMA environment...

Now imagine if he did a real karate...

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108

Now imagine if he did a real karate...
    He'd be so elusive that his opponents would wake up battered and having already lost by decision the morning of the fight.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 9:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida's style will henceforth be known as "Slide and Hide" (credit to Sean McCorkle from mma.tv for inventing the term)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 10:08pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I file Machida in the same book that I file Kimbo: I have nothing against the guy, but sometimes I hate his fans.

Machida is a great, smart fighter, and I think he represents how refined MMA can be. Unfortunately, he also brings out the fucktards on forums.

Case in point would be the OP: He takes one guy's success and uses it to crap on every accomplishment that has been made in MMA by other martial arts. Let's take a look at some of the comments the OP made:

"He proves that perfected TMA is superior to cut-and-paste, watered down combination of rudimentary Thai boxing and wrestling that 99% of UFC fighters use"

Yeah, everyone before Machida was crap. All their hard work, dedication and training was nothing compared to your golden Karate god.. Guys like Penn, Fedor, Liddell, St. Pierre, Silva, Couture, ......****, the list goes on forever*. Nord, if you would pull Karate's dick out of your mouth, you would see that Machida validates MMA and TMA at the same time, but you're too busy starting a dick measuring contest to see through your bullshit. I hope you die of AIDS.

"I definitely see BJJ losing a bit out to Karate in the long run as Machida keeps winning."

Everyone else has already pointed out why you suck, simply because of this sentence.

What bugs me the worst is how Machida will be used as the KARATE RULZE poster boy, regardless his crosstraing.

Again, I should state I'm not crapping on Karate. I'm crapping on idiots like Nord.

It's sad that only MMA has respect and honor these days.

*See what I did there? 2 former Karate guys, whom I bet are still written off by Karate guys as "cut-and-paste, watered down combination of rudimentary Thai boxing and wrestling"
    Last edited by Monkey Punch; 5/26/2008 10:36pm at .

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 10:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why the OP is a retarded troll.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 10:52pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lyoto is bad ass but I really dont see where the guy gets off saying karate is going to trump BJJ soon. Lyoto has a very entertaining style, and he's beaten some pretty tough guys with it. I really like seeing some minor aspect of TMA used effectively, I think the OP just got carried away with himself.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 11:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington
    He'd be so elusive that his opponents would wake up battered and having already lost by decision the morning of the fight.
    That would be Bujinkan.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 12:32am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Punch
    I file Machida in the same book that I file Kimbo: I have nothing against the guy, but sometimes I hate his fans.

Machida is a great, smart fighter, and I think he represents how refined MMA can be. Unfortunately, he also brings out the fucktards on forums.

Case in point would be the OP: He takes one guy's success and uses it to crap on every accomplishment that has been made in MMA by other martial arts. Let's take a look at some of the comments the OP made:

"He proves that perfected TMA is superior to cut-and-paste, watered down combination of rudimentary Thai boxing and wrestling that 99% of UFC fighters use"

Yeah, everyone before Machida was crap. All their hard work, dedication and training was nothing compared to your golden Karate god.. Guys like Penn, Fedor, Liddell, St. Pierre, Silva, Couture, ......****, the list goes on forever*. Nord, if you would pull Karate's dick out of your mouth, you would see that Machida validates MMA and TMA at the same time, but you're too busy starting a dick measuring contest to see through your bullshit. I hope you die of AIDS.

"I definitely see BJJ losing a bit out to Karate in the long run as Machida keeps winning."

Everyone else has already pointed out why you suck, simply because of this sentence.

What bugs me the worst is how Machida will be used as the KARATE RULZE poster boy, regardless his crosstraing.

Again, I should state I'm not crapping on Karate. I'm crapping on idiots like Nord.

It's sad that only MMA has respect and honor these days.

*See what I did there? 2 former Karate guys, whom I bet are still written off by Karate guys as "cut-and-paste, watered down combination of rudimentary Thai boxing and wrestling"
    Damn, you might want to change your name to Donkey Punch...that was harsh (in a good way)!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast