Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 6:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: AIKIDO,jujutsu,kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kick injuries

I do not know if it has happened to anybody else before (probably not and I am a retard then) but I kicked too hard in kickboxing and and I have gotten pain over and underneath the knee cap or patella. When i press on the knee cap it hurts and i am not exactly sure if it is tendons or ligaments but when i try to stand up from crouch it hurts mostly underneath. And then because I limped on the other leg for 2 weeks and did running tests on it the other knee started hurting aswell. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? How long did it take until it healed?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 6:03am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you have physios over there in feenland? go to one.

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 6:13am

Style: Muay Thai. Ansatsuken.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This injury will probably take about 5 months to fully heal. If you are old or weak then it may never fully heal depending on what exactly you have done; but this is extreme.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 7:06pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by metodi
    I do not know if it has happened to anybody else before (probably not and I am a retard then) but I kicked too hard in kickboxing and and I have gotten pain over and underneath the knee cap or patella. When i press on the knee cap it hurts and i am not exactly sure if it is tendons or ligaments but when i try to stand up from crouch it hurts mostly underneath. And then because I limped on the other leg for 2 weeks and did running tests on it the other knee started hurting aswell. Has this ever happened to anyone else before? How long did it take until it healed?

I did this almost exact same thing Friday night. My pain is underneath the cap as well as along the side, it is quite swollen. It is most likely ligament damage, I know from experience my injury is a hyperextension.

If you can go see a doctor do so, if your like me and a huge percentage of Americans you don't have health insurance nor can you afford it. Take it easy for a while and ice it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 1:44am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i cannot remember my knees swelling . It is very interesting to know what other injuries you can get so i know what ill **** up next lol.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2008 12:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Iwent to the doctors finally. They said I screwed up the ligaments AND cartillage. it still hurts! And it has done so for the last 2 months. They said that if i train or run or do anything with them actively during the next two months the only thing im gona b training is chess... after a month and a half i could start doing a bit of swimming but i shouldnt push it. Plus i gotta do this therapy with sound and electricity and i gotta put sum gel on it. Thankyou everybody for the help you all gave me. :) thank you again. O yea my dad got the same thing from playing football but he's a little chubby.
    Last edited by metodi; 7/28/2008 12:25pm at .

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/01/2008 8:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ultrasound and electrodes are awesome, but I wouldn't have recommended them for damage internal to a joint. I guess that's why I'm not a doctor.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2008 10:10pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go see your doctor.

Listen not to the posters here, well meaning or not.

Scar tissue can build over time if you do not have this evaluated now.

BETTER TO BE LOOKED AT NOW THAN DRAINED LATER,

Joe

Oh yeah, like I tell my 12yr old daughter - "Suck it up and be tough"
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 8/01/2008 10:15pm at .