Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2008 9:21pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor
    The can goes over it and I use rolled up bits of copper-scrubbies (that you use for dishes) to wrap around the barrel and the last inch or so is fire-resistant nomex material to pack the last inch or so. Then, the end cap screws on.

Subsonic makes this thing like a one-pump BB gun. Very quiet. But alas, 90% of the time, it DOES NOT cycle the bolt. About 1 out of 10 subsonic rounds will cycle it. But with SS bullets--it just doesn't have the power to do it reliably.

This cardiac surgeon was moving out of the country and he walked in to this gun store I was working at and asked anyone if they wanted to buy what was left of his "Class 3" stuff---
    I asked what he had, he had some sawed-off shotguns and other stuff I wasn't interested in...and he got to the Ruger and said he'd take $300. for it. I immediately paid him, got a receipt, got the Form 4 signed the next day and about 60 days later, I picked the gun up from him.
    I've been very happy ever since! :headbang:
    Yep, I can see the grin from here :)

Do you have any particular round you favour? My fellow Canadian who answered suggested CCI Mini Mags, which I bought a box of. I'd appreciate your input on it.

Just sitting here wondering if that surgeon felt a need to go about heavily armed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 8:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Hello All:

On the weekend, I turned out a couple of boxes of Stingers and I did not like the amount of flash and the way the action banged back and forth.

Today, I called CCI in Idaho and talked to their tech rep. When I mentioned Stingers, he said (REMEMBER, this is straight from the cartridge manufacturer),

"DO NOT USE STINGERS IN CLOSED BOLT SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOLS."

He went on to say that the original Mk II owner's manual specifically excluded Stingers. The Stinger casing is about 10 thou longer than a standard .22 LR and that causes the trouble.

I thought this was important enough to pass on.

Regards,
    Last edited by Arctos1964; 6/02/2008 8:46pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 7:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctos1964
    Yep, I can see the grin from here :)

Do you have any particular round you favour? My fellow Canadian who answered suggested CCI Mini Mags, which I bought a box of. I'd appreciate your input on it.

Just sitting here wondering if that surgeon felt a need to go about heavily armed.
    Ha..that makes me feel good that we have some doctors out there that aren't total morons. He had SBRs, sawed-off shotguns---some stuff that I wasn't really interested in.
    As for favorite rounds---I usually shoot the Aguila .22LR Subsonics (Purple/Gold Box) for subs---regular bullets? I just get the little milk-carton from Wal Mart and shoot the copper-coated regular-old 22LRs. The gun itself is pretty slick---but it is a pain in the ass to clean out (about every brick of ammo, you have to re-pack the silencer).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 8:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor
    Ha..that makes me feel good that we have some doctors out there that aren't total morons. He had SBRs, sawed-off shotguns---some stuff that I wasn't really interested in.
    As for favorite rounds---I usually shoot the Aguila .22LR Subsonics (Purple/Gold Box) for subs---regular bullets? I just get the little milk-carton from Wal Mart and shoot the copper-coated regular-old 22LRs. The gun itself is pretty slick---but it is a pain in the ass to clean out (about every brick of ammo, you have to re-pack the silencer).
    Hm, yes, my own doctor is a fencer, quite good with an epee' I'm told.

I think I might have found my ammo. It seems to like CCI Green Tag, shoots very consistently at 50m.

Is there a way for you to pre-pack the little Supressor balls into, say, a sock made from open-weave kevlar cloth? If you could make up some of these little socks, could save some time in the end

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 12:58pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back when I was in New Orleans there was a med student who started an international rules kickboxing club, and we would get together and spar twice a week. At the same time the med students in our club thought it was funny that a lot of the doctors who were instructors at the med school hated boxing, and one of them called it "legalized assault".
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2008 9:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Back when I was in New Orleans there was a med student who started an international rules kickboxing club, and we would get together and spar twice a week. At the same time the med students in our club thought it was funny that a lot of the doctors who were instructors at the med school hated boxing, and one of them called it "legalized assault".
    Hmmm, given how much doctors know about where to cause you intense pain . . .

Maybe that's why Lord Skeletor's doctor needed Class 3 stuff.

Wish to hell I could find someone here who just wanted to get together and spar. Ah well, while I'm dreaming, maybe I could have a pony.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 9:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Update

Well, folks, I've been through not quite 2,000 rounds after sighting in and I've got the following to report:

It surely likes those CCI Green Tag rounds.

Offhand standing, unsupported right hand: 2.75" ten round group @ 25 metres

Offhand standing, unsupported left hand: just over 2" ten round group @ 25 metres

Weaver stand, right hand: 1.5" ten round group @ 25 metres

Weaver, left hand, ten rounds: 1" exactly @ 25 metres

There might be hope for the old fart yet.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 10:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctos1964
    Hmmm, given how much doctors know about where to cause you intense pain . . .

Maybe that's why Lord Skeletor's doctor needed Class 3 stuff.

Wish to hell I could find someone here who just wanted to get together and spar. Ah well, while I'm dreaming, maybe I could have a pony.
    Well, I find that in the US boxing can be tough because on the whole most people are afraid to get hit for a whole bunch of reasons. Finding a sparring partner has always been tough for me in general.

When I did Peace Corps in Micronesia, though, it was easy to find young men who wanted to spar full contact because people still would get into fistfights there. There was no social conditioning or disapproval to make young men start to shy away from chances to get good at boxing. In fact, I initially had overwhelming response when I once started a community kickboxing class, but most people ended up dropping out when I introduced conditioning. :)
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2008 10:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Well, I find that in the US boxing can be tough because on the whole most people are afraid to get hit for a whole bunch of reasons. Finding a sparring partner has always been tough for me in general.

When I did Peace Corps in Micronesia, though, it was easy to find young men who wanted to spar full contact because people still would get into fistfights there. There was no social conditioning or disapproval to make young men start to shy away from chances to get good at boxing. In fact, I initially had overwhelming response when I once started a community kickboxing class, but most people ended up dropping out when I introduced conditioning. :)
    So . . . whacking on each other full contact was ok, but "don't make me do pushups" ?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/16/2008 12:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, our conditioning routine was:

1.) Jogging up and down a rocky hill for 10 minutes
    2.) 20 pushups
    3.) 100 crunches
    4.) 4 30-second leg extensions
    5.) 100 jumping jacks, or occasionally 20 hindu squats

But, yeah, that was enough to give people cold feet. :)

Actually, I'd expect as much in the US with a mainstream audience. That's why McTKD usually doesn't have any conditioning to speak of.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12