Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 12:26am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, did anybody click through those links?

VKA is very interesting.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 1:06am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, 7th!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 8:33am

Style: Monkey-See-Monkey-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    So, did anybody click through those links?

VKA is very interesting.
    Looks like a pay-for-rank thing on its face.

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 8:47pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did he indicate whether he spoke mandrin or cantonese?

I have a very good mandrin interpreter available.

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 9:11pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I temporarly transferred this thread into the Black Belt Club, so that we could do certain things on this investigation.

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 9:35pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also sent a private message to jnp, it would really help if you could also go hear this pitch so we can get two sources who can confirm they heard what appears to be some epic tall tales.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 9:45pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    I also sent a private message to jnp, it would really help if you could also go hear this pitch so we can get two sources who can confirm they heard what appears to be some epic tall tales.
    I already replied to the other thread, but that was before I read your PM and this thread. I will coordinate with 7thSamurai to assist in his investigation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 10:32pm

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can someone with the technical know-how do that thing you do when you capture all his webpage info? I'm sure the pertinent information will do.

He has two sites:

http://www.sijo.org/home.htm

http://www.austinmartialartsschool.com/

There is a blog at the second link. Nothing interesting in it at the moment.

http://www.myspace.com/lssijo1
    Last edited by 7thSamurai; 10/30/2008 11:17pm at . Reason: more useless stuff

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 10:44pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Did he indicate whether he spoke mandrin or cantonese?

I have a very good mandrin interpreter available.
    I can help with a Cantonese interpreter if needed (HK source).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2008 11:00pm

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just recalled that he mentioned some sort of affiliation with Huo Yuan Jia. I cannot recall if he trained in the same school, by a descendant, or what. He briefly touched on this. JNP should perk up to this info.

**EDIT**

Found at http://groups.msn.com/neiwaichiakung...eiwaichia.msnw

History of Nei Wai Chia Kung Fu:

The following account is as accurate as 90+ years of elapsed time permits. It draws upon many sources, eyewitness accounts, scholarly papers, magazine articles and personal remembrances. I hope that it is complete enough to allow the student a look into how this marvelous system began.

At the turn-of-the-century, the Boxer Rebellion reduced some of China's greatest martial artist and systems to oblivion. Fortunately, many fine boxers survived. Yet, because of this great nations apparent inability to cope with its problems, all Chinese were branded "sick men of Asia". As a result, a deep sense of nationalism occurred, and the martial arts community of China set out to prove the world wrong. It is not unusual for men with a common interest to exchange ideas.

Four such men were:

Huo Yuan Chia, chief instructor of the Ching Wu Physical Exercise School. Considered by many to be the greatest of all martial arts schools in China. It would later be called the Ching Wu Athletic Association.*

Ku Yu Cheong, a Master of Bok Pai Shaolin, and said to be the greatest exponent of Iron Palm ever known.

Sun Lu Tang, mastered Hsing-I, Pagua, and Tai Chi Chuan. He created his own style of Pagua and Tai Chi.

Chan Wah Shun was a Master of Wing Chun.

None of these men were ever known to be defeated. Huo Yuan Chia, sent an invitation to Ku Yu Cheong, Chan Wah Shun and Sun Lu Tang. He called upon them to add their expertise to the development of a new art based upon the best of the Chinese arts.
    Together they met in Shanghai to create a new system of martial arts, a system that would once and for all eradicate the title "weak man of Asia".

(*see history of the masters for more info)

This would be a complete discipline, training mind, body, and spirit. After weeks of culling their arts and accepting only the best of each, a system emerged. It was named Nei Wai Chia, "Internal External System". They chose as the recipients of their training Master Hou's students, Liu Chen Sheng and Chow Ch'en Kun.
    In 1909, when Master Huo died, Liu Chen Sheng & Chao Chen-Ch'un (later known as Chow Ting Hua and Chow Jen Fa) remained at Ching Wu to teach. Nei Wei Chia was never taught openly, but three persons besides Liu and Chao learned it. They were Li Hui-Sheng, Wang Wei Fan, and Ch'en Kung-Che. In years that passed, all save Chao died in numerous ways (war, accidents, etc.). In 1961 only one practitioner of Nei Wei Chia was still living, 78 year old Chao Chen -- Ch'un now called Chow Ting Hua.
    It is with the man named Chan Wah Shun that our story temporarily branches off into two different directions. One of Master Chan's last students was Yip Man. He was renowned in his ability with Wing Chun. One of Yip Man's many students was a young man named Bruce Lee.
    In 1962, Bruce and his brother, James Yim Lee, opened the James Lee school of Jun Fan Kung Fu. (Jun Fan is Bruce's Chinese name) Shortly after Master Chow came to visit the school of one of his late Masters descendant students. While there, Master Chow met a young Texan, named Larry Sanders. Master Chow took a liking to the boy and began to teach him Nei Wei Chia Kung Fu. He also suggested that he expand his studies with other masters, which he did .
    Larry Sanders studied Wing Chun from Bruce Lee, James Lee, Joe Cowles, and George Brock. He studied Hsing-I and Pagua from Biff Painter and Wang Tzu P'ing. He also studied Jui-jitsu, karate and weapons.
    In 1976, Larry Sanders began teaching the new revised modern Nei Wei Chia Kung Fu to the American public, and in 1982, he was promoted to the rank of Sijo (Founder) of Nei Wai Chia Kung Fu.
    Last edited by 7thSamurai; 10/30/2008 11:07pm at .
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast