Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2008 5:24pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My diet is pretty solid with some exceptions(Budget problems is all, I cant always afford to eat perfectly)My protein intake should be better, but I have started in with Whey protein shakes each morning, so the problem is being corrected.

Tactical Nutrition, LLC

Posted On:
    6/14/2008 9:05am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     http://www.tacticalnutrition.net/ Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    For me it worked right off the bat on the second day.

In the spirit of fairness, however, have you checked your diet? You gotta make sure that you are eating decently (enough calories and a good proportion of carbs, fats and proteins).

This needs to be said: you don't eat well, supplements will most likely won't do squat. I strongly suggest you get this product, but also pay attention to your food intake.
    I couldn't agree more.
    FIGHT HARDER! FIGHT LONGER!
    http://www.tacticalnutrition.net

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/19/2008 6:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ordered some of this today. Low level fatigue and trouble sleeping has always been a problem of mine. I mentioned to the doc and he brushed it off (pissed me off a bit, but he is a good doc otherwise).

What would be the concern of taking this supplemant and also Energy drinks? I'm at one a day with work and everything, and sometimes two on the weekends while working double shifts or partying. (Working a 5am job, then trying to work at a bar that night is just shitty. And lets not talk about the odd thursday night show I work until 3am....)

What are the potential issues with taking too much Niacin?

and thanks for the discount! I'm glad I read past the first page!

Quick note: Vitacost doesn't specify USD for its prices. Minor thing, but still.
    Last edited by elipson; 6/19/2008 6:19pm at .

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/19/2008 10:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Should I been taking this product consistently? I've been taking it on days I work two-a-days and have good sucess with edurence during rolling. It has kept me feeling fresh when I would normally feel tired.

Tactical Nutrition, LLC

Posted On:
    6/20/2008 9:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    I ordered some of this today. Low level fatigue and trouble sleeping has always been a problem of mine. I mentioned to the doc and he brushed it off (pissed me off a bit, but he is a good doc otherwise).

What would be the concern of taking this supplemant and also Energy drinks? I'm at one a day with work and everything, and sometimes two on the weekends while working double shifts or partying. (Working a 5am job, then trying to work at a bar that night is just shitty. And lets not talk about the odd thursday night show I work until 3am....)

What are the potential issues with taking too much Niacin?

and thanks for the discount! I'm glad I read past the first page!

Quick note: Vitacost doesn't specify USD for its prices. Minor thing, but still.
    At the same time as Energy drinks? I know a few guys that do, but I wouldn't recommend it. You'd be doubling up on a number of ingredients. Now, if at the end of your shift you had a drink I wouldn't be too concerned.

As it relates to Niacin, the dosage in the product is well below established safe standards. Are you concerend with other supplements you are taking? If so, PM me with what you are taking and I'll run it by my formulators just to be safe.

I'm working on alternatives to Vitacost for Canada and other international markets, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your interest, let me know if you have any more questions!

Tactical Nutrition, LLC

Posted On:
    6/20/2008 9:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    Should I been taking this product consistently? I've been taking it on days I work two-a-days and have good sucess with edurence during rolling. It has kept me feeling fresh when I would normally feel tired.
    Glad you are enjoying good results. Ideally, the product should be taken daily but it's not required. Some of the ingredients are specific to the time you take the product, and others help over time. Personally I take it in the morning (it has replaced my morning coffee) and then again before I train. If I don't train that day, I've still taken it once.

Thanks for the interst, let me know if you have any more questions!

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/25/2008 4:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got the bottle yesterday. I'm actually pissed at UPS, they left it in the hallway outside my apartment! I'll be complaining about that shortly.

What is the purpose of the loading phase of stepping up the dosage every week? I'm curious becuase I'm ignorant of this.

I currently take a Multi Vitamin with 35mg of Niacinimide (sp?). Taking this in combination with explosive endurance formula, would taking an energy drink in the later half of the day or later that night potentially cause discomfort? I checked out Niacin on Wiki, but they didn't give a lower limit where negative side effects will be felt.

I'm 6'4 and 190+ lbs, and I do manual labour ALL day long.

I'm also taking 5-10g of Glutamine, but that should be a non-factor.

What is the actual dose of Caffeine in a serving (3 capsules)?

So far today I've felt pretty good. Physically anyways. I got short sleep last night, so that has my head a little groggy today. But my body kept up with the work i was doing today.

Tactical Nutrition, LLC

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 5:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think you should have any discomfort issues with the Niacin. Niacanimide is specifically designed to avoid the "flush" feeling, and regardless the combined dose between Explosive Endurance and your multi is still less than in many B-complex vitamins.

190mg of caffeine in 3 capsules, from 3 different sources so the release is sustained rather than dumped into your system all at once.

The "loading" phase is there to access your tolerance. As a large guy who likes coffee I jumped up to 3 capsules right away, but I know a number of fighters who feel a difference from a single capsule. You can accelerate the schedule if you like, it was designed to help you find the best dose for you.

Thank you for your interest.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    7/14/2008 11:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update on my usage. I started taking it regularly before workouts and I've been dropping like a rock at bedtime. This is a big deal for me because I'm insomiac with a serious melatonine dependancy.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/15/2008 12:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll update my usage as well.

I'm up to three per dose, but im actually swtching between 2-3 per dose (I'm rationing because im a student, and poor).

It's workin great for me! I don't take any energy drinks anymore, usually don't have to nap after work like before, and I think I am sleeping better (but my sleep patterns are hard to assess). The savings from not having an energy drink every day pretty much cover the cost.

I'm also able to go a full day on short sleep like macho said earlier.

I haven't noticed the increased appetite thing though. Less actually... but that might be unrelated.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast