Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    So, should I take the Explosive Endurance with or instead of my regular multivitamin?
    No. They should be taken together if you are already taking a multi. This particular product does not contain other vitamins and minerals included in your multis.

[EDIT]

BTW, I'm no longer taking any multis, opting for B-complex (in this case Explosive Endurance), and vitamin C and Zinc by themselves, lots of fish oil, meat and greens. I figure my protein shakes give me most of the vitamins and minerals contained in a tipical multi (which is why I just concentrate on taking higher dossages for those that have the greatest effect in energy or the immune system.)
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 6/03/2008 3:44pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Tactical Nutrition, LLC

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 4:11pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     http://www.tacticalnutrition.net/ Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    So, should I take the Explosive Endurance with or instead of my regular multivitamin?
    Although Explosive Endurance contains some vitamins, it is not a complete multi vitamin. I still take a multi each day.

Thanks for your interest.
    FIGHT HARDER! FIGHT LONGER!
    http://www.tacticalnutrition.net

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 6:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does this have a 'Read Me'? And isn't there a product review subforum for this kind of stuff?

Tactical Nutrition, LLC

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 7:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tactical Nutrition and your Health:

I have been in the nutrition industry for 15 years now, and for the majority of this time I have referred to it as the "business of improving people's lives". With such a statement comes great opportunity, and along with it, great responsibility.

The simple truth is, that whenever any of us ingest a substance there is a risk that it will not "agree" with us. For my son it's lactose, for me most antibiotics. How then do we minimize this risk at Tactical Nutrition?

Constant vigilance.

I track a number of news services daily and have alerts set for each of the ingredients in Explosive Endurance Formula. In a addition to this, the team that formulated and helped produce the product (scientist, formulators, manufacturer and compliance officer) also receive updates within their respective profession. Finally, we chose Vitacost as our primary distribution partner (for a number of reasons) and gain the benefit of their own advisory board: ( http://www.vitacost.com/Company/AdvisoryBoard.aspx ).

I review articles on a daily basis extolling the pros and cons of the ingredients in Explosive Endurance Formula. In most cases, the spectacular headline oversimplifies a more mundane message, and broad based claims are vastly more specific in nature.

5-6 days a week I walk into the main academy of American Top Team and interact with some of the toughest combat professionals on earth, who also happen to be using my product. I am personally and professionally responsible to them and that is not something I take lightly.

I won't have the opportunity to meet all of you face to face, but I still feel the same responsibility. So, if you have questions about any ingredient, study you have heard, anecdote, etc please e-mail me at: info@tacticalnutrition.net . You will get an answer.

Thank you.

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 7:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does this have a 'Read Me'? And isn't there a product review subforum for this kind of stuff?
    Well, the readme is cuz I made it into a sticky.

For the second question, you got me. We started it up in the PT forums since it more for health and nutrition, whereas the product review subforum is for stuff in general, including gloves, gear and stuff.

I think GJ was running a product review section for energy drinks, but that was outside the PT forums.

In summary, we are basically trying to find a good, objective format in which to present products offered by sponsors, and, hopefully, provide a thread for Q&A between the bs.net members and the sponsor.

We are learning as we go brother.

[EDIT]

Furthermore, I was hoping to create several reviews of other supplements, that I've used in the past, independently of bs.net, such as ProLab "BCAA Plus" and Nutrabolics "HydroTest Testosterone Enhancer" (a trib terrestris product), as well as one I did in the past (for IDS protein shots).

I was going to put them all of them in a mega-sticky (following the same mega-sticky format we have been using for other topics.)

Tactical Nutrition product just happened to be the one I got the chance to write about. Up to you (meaning you, the reader) if you want to concote conspiracy theories about an evil marketing cabal.

I try my best to provide you with the most objective review I can come up with, to the best of my abilities as well as an opportunity to ask questions directly to the sponsor of this product.

Up to you how you want to proceed from this point forward.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 6/03/2008 8:49pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 9:04pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Nut.
    Tactical Nutrition and your Health:

I have been in the nutrition industry for 15 years now, and for the majority of this time I have referred to it as the "business of improving people's lives". With such a statement comes great opportunity, and along with it, great responsibility.

The simple truth is, that whenever any of us ingest a substance there is a risk that it will not "agree" with us. For my son it's lactose, for me most antibiotics. How then do we minimize this risk at Tactical Nutrition?

Constant vigilance.

I track a number of news services daily and have alerts set for each of the ingredients in Explosive Endurance Formula. In a addition to this, the team that formulated and helped produce the product (scientist, formulators, manufacturer and compliance officer) also receive updates within their respective profession. Finally, we chose Vitacost as our primary distribution partner (for a number of reasons) and gain the benefit of their own advisory board: ( http://www.vitacost.com/Company/AdvisoryBoard.aspx ).

I review articles on a daily basis extolling the pros and cons of the ingredients in Explosive Endurance Formula. In most cases, the spectacular headline oversimplifies a more mundane message, and broad based claims are vastly more specific in nature.

5-6 days a week I walk into the main academy of American Top Team and interact with some of the toughest combat professionals on earth, who also happen to be using my product. I am personally and professionally responsible to them and that is not something I take lightly.

I won't have the opportunity to meet all of you face to face, but I still feel the same responsibility. So, if you have questions about any ingredient, study you have heard, anecdote, etc please e-mail me at: info@tacticalnutrition.net . You will get an answer.

Thank you.
    Here is the article I am referring to

Energy drinks commonly include caffeine and Ginkgo which are present in tea and coffee.

By: Michael Stevens
    Nov 14, 2007, 8:31 PM EST

Ginkgo tea may be harmful as a new study has linked energy drinks to the high blood pressure and cardiovascular attacks and strokes.

In a small study presented at the American Heart Association's Scientific Sessions 2007 in Orlando, Florida, the researchers warned that energy drinks may significantly boost a personís blood pressure and heart rate.

The study, conducted by Wayne State University researchers, warned those with heart disease or high blood pressure to completely avoid the energy drinks that contain caffeine and taurine, as they can put them at higher risk of heart attacks and strokes by boosting their blood pressure.

Researchers first give the healthy volunteers to drink a popular beverage that contained 80 milligrams of caffeine and 1,000 milligrams of taurine, and then measured blood pressure and heart rate before and after drinking two cans of the drink.

The level of blood pressure didnít rise to dangerous levels in the group of healthy people studied, but the increase could be considered serious in persons with cardio disease or high blood pressure.

Energy drinks commonly include caffeine- a methylxanthine present in tea and coffee, taurine- an amino acid found in protein-rich foods like meat and fish thought to make people alert, herbal stimulant guarana- extracts from the guarana plant, various forms of ginseng, maltodextrin, inositol, carnitine, creatine, glucuronolactone and ginkgo biloba.

Red Bull Energy Drink, Monster Energy Drink, Full Throttle Energy Drink, Amp Energy Drink, XS Energy Drink, Redline Energy Drink, Rock Star Energy Drink and Spark Energy Drink are some popular energy drinks.
    Ginkgo Tea With Energy Drinks Are Harmful
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Tactical Nutrition, LLC

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 9:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Researchers first give the healthy volunteers to drink a popular beverage that contained 80 milligrams of caffeine and 1,000 milligrams of taurine, and then measured blood pressure and heart rate before and after drinking two cans of the drink."

Without reading the abstract, the researchers tested a drink and used caffeine and tuarine as the baseline. Although the article does state that Gingko is one of a number of ingredients that may also be included in drinks of this kind, it does not appear from the information you provided that they considered Gingko Biloba to be an active agent, nor have I ever come across an energy drink whose label instructs the consumer to take two cans as per the notes below.

FYI, I actually visited the site for the doctor mentioned earlier, and there are three gingko products available for sale, and references to a number of articles touting gingko's benefits. I expect his message got lost in context on the radio show. It happens.

If you have any further questions, please e-mail me directly or visit http://www.tacticalnutrition.net where you can find information on each and every ingredient as well as research notes on key ingredients.

Thank you.

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 9:12am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There will be a Supplement Review section, probably today. We actually don't have one at the moment so this review goes here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2008 3:53pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will place my order come payday. But will this product work immediately or what? I have been having this mid day just drop. Like today, I got up early, put on my work out gear, drank my weigh, stretched and had a great work out, I showered and it was a great morning. Just left me with a smile on my face. But then early afternoon comes around and I am about to drop. I tried eating an apple, but I just cant even out. I am looking for something that isnt loaded with sugar and caffeine that will keep me at an even energy through out the day.

Posted On:
    6/13/2008 5:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me it worked right off the bat on the second day.

In the spirit of fairness, however, have you checked your diet? You gotta make sure that you are eating decently (enough calories and a good proportion of carbs, fats and proteins).

This needs to be said: you don't eat well, supplements will most likely won't do squat. I strongly suggest you get this product, but also pay attention to your food intake.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast