Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Product Review: Tactical Nutrition's "Explosive Endurance"

I've been using Tactical Nutrition "Explosive Endurance" Formula for over 3 weeks now and I'm pleased with the product. I'd also like to thank Tactical Nutrition for making this product available for review.

At first I was concerned in doing a review on a product billed for explosive endurance because I'm currently not training at all, not even lifting.

To illustrate this, my physical activity in the last two months have been limited to morning jog, some sprints and light lifting every other day. That's about it. But one of the things that convinced me to give it a try was that the product contains a set of B-type vitamins (which I always take anyways). And so, I picked the bottle to give it a try.

You can check the ingredients contained in this product at this page in the Tactical Nutrition website by the way.

The plan was to start with 1 cap a day, in the morning (upon waking up), for 5-7 days. Then 1 cap in the morning and 1 at 6PM for the next 5-7 days, and then up it to 4 caps a day (2 in the morning and 2 at 6PM.) I always take 5gm of L-glutamine and approx. 1g of L-carnitine in a full glass of water, and I decided to keep it the same while taking the morning dose of "Explosive Endurance".

Because "Explosive Endurance" contains B vitamins, I stopped taking other B-complexes as well as Niacin/B6 loaded drinks. I continued taking 1,000mcg of B12 (cyanocobalamin) since it's not in "Explosive Endurance". However, this is something I take irregularly. I eat approximately 5-8 times a day, including a protein shake, more or less following a Zone diet (or something resembling 1/3 protein, 1/3 grains and 1/3 greens.) Basically, that's the context in which I've been trying "Explosive Endurance".

The first week of the trial, I ended up working overtime with probably 5-6 hours of sleep in three days. And it was shocking to find that I was able to fall sleep and wake up almost immediately regardless of the stress and short amount of zzz-time in those three days. That was with only 1 capsule in the mornings.

It has been the same for the entire three weeks. I am able to sleep deeply instead of waking up several times at night as it's been the case for quite sometime. Thus, this is the most immediate benefit I've observed with this product.

Another benefit has been an increase in appetite. This has been more pronounced since I started taking 4 capsules a day. I do not get drowsy or tired in the afternoons, and I seem to have more energy than usual during my morning workouts.

I do not believe this is a placebo effect for the fact that sleeping patterns is something one cannot necessarily control or imagine. I do not wake up as often anymore. My sleep has been of the best quality in years. This has had a tremendous impact in the quality of life. Furthermore, it does not produce in me any jittery effects similar to those produced by ephedra-based products.

My recommendation would be to use "Explosive Endurance" combined once in a while with B12 (unless future versions of the product includes it.) I strongly recommend this if you are having sleeping problems (not uncommon for those who train hard and often at nights.) Trouble falling sleep (and staying sleep) has been a constant complain I've heard from many who train MA at night. I strongly believe this product can enhance the ability to rest, to wake up fresh, and to have additional energy in the afternoon, just prior to your training session (this is all assuming a proper diet and healthy lifestyles.)

I'm 5'6" and around 165-170lbs, and I have no problem taking four capsules a day. You may want to take this into account if you are a heavier individual.

I hope you guys find this review helpful.
    Attached Images  
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 2:48pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is going on my list right after the fish oil caps.
    Did you notice any other side effects after you starting taking it? Any affect on how you felt while running or anything?

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 3:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not exactly while exercising but throughout the whole day. I felt much more alert, less sleepy, less tired/drained. Now, I can wake up and just get ready to go work out or to to work, and I'm not crashing into narcoleptic **** at 6-7pm the way I used to.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 3:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome. I have had sleep problems for a long time, so I'll give a try.

Holy **** this stuff is expensive. Does anyone know where I can get it the cheapest?

Nevermind, apparently you can only get it at vitacost.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Chokin; 5/23/2008 3:24pm at .

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 3:31pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At 50$ for a months supply I can handle that if it makes me sleep better and improves my energy levels. Small price to pay for me. At 80$/month (retail) it's not as nice of a proposition, but still worth it if it works.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 3:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was looking at the ingredients and it just looks like a lot of B vitamins and some caffine and green tea. How is this different from similiar supplements?

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 3:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The cost kinda even up for me since I don't need to take more B-complex supplements, energy drinks or coffee.

Now that I'm looking at the review I see a correction regarding my current physical activity. In the last two weeks I've run less and spend a lot more time doing flexibility drills (specially for my lower back and thoraccic spine.)

And yet, I've gained about 3-4 pounds, reduced my waist size a bit, and I'm like f* hungry all the time.

The weight gain and waist reduction could be because now I was overtrained and the forced rest is giving my body the break it needed to grow more lean mass. But the increased appetite, that cannot be placebo and cannot be explained with a reduction of exercise. I seriously believe it's this supplement's work.

Please keep in mind that people react differently. This is what I've experienced, and I'm certainly going to keep this product while getting rid of the other B-complex supplements. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 3:44pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any chance of getting a follow up review after another 30 days? I'd like to know if the effects continue the same, increase, or decrease and if you notice anything else.
    Also, I'm already having a hard time getting the 3200 cals I need to maintain my weight. If this stuff makes me hungrier I'ma be eatting 10 meals a day and go broke buying food....

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 3:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    I was looking at the ingredients and it just looks like a lot of B vitamins and some caffine and green tea. How is this different from similiar supplements?
    Good question. I'm waiting for Dan (Tactical Nut) to answer that.

In general, the different between supplements is in the proportions of ingredients when taken together and their rate of absorption. Also, this product has ingredients that usually come as separate products, such as CoEnzyme Q-10 and Taurine (as well as the good old tried and true such as Ginko and Magnesium).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 1:47pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    could it be the caffeine keeping you revved up during the day and thus more sleepy at night? Might be interesting to replace the supplement with the same doses of caffeine at the same time of day and see how you feel ...

how much caffeine does it have anyway?
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast