228359 Bullies, 4326 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 71
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. FickleFingerOfFate is offline
    FickleFingerOfFate's Avatar

    Guess which finger is the fickle one...

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Up in your grill.
    Posts
    5,645

    Posted On:
    5/23/2008 8:38pm

    supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Terrible fucking idea. Seriously. Who the hell does this kind of **** in a match where people are allowed to kick the legs. [

    Because the ? knows all the rule sets in every martial art there is, and leg kicks are allowed in all of them. Congratulations, you just came up with the striking equivalent of lava, broken glass and AIDS needles.

    The spinning hook kick is some power shot ****. It's some knock a ************ out on the spot ****. It's not that gay ****. It's that SSK ****.

    More anti-bjj slurs? For shame!

    Seriously, there is no reason to throw a front leg hook kick. **** that.
    Yes, there is.
    Just because you don't know what it is, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.


    And I'd bet the two have similar effects.
    Kind of like you talking, and you taking a ****?



    Yeah, if you're kicking a 50 watt bulb, with your front leg hook kick, that is.

    You should be that bright.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

    The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.


  2. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    5/23/2008 9:21pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerofFate
    Because the ? knows all the rule sets in every martial art there is, and leg kicks are allowed in all of them. Congratulations, you just came up with the striking equivalent of lava, broken glass and AIDS needles.
    No, but I do know the rule sets for Muay Thai, which is what I believe the OP is addressing. Here below I have some evidence which might help us to an error free conclusion:


    Quote Originally Posted by tharuz
    I want to know where, how, and when it is acceptable to pull off a spinning hook kick in muay thai.
    Well, the evidence suggests that the OP was in fact talking about Muay Thai. It is my understanding that the Muay Thai rules allow, and some may say even highly encourage leg kicks.

    So if we are in fact talking about Muay Thai, which I believe we are, a front leg hook kick is a terrible idea.

    Why? Because at that range, you have your rear leg exposed and it will get the **** walloped out of it. And when that happens, you will hit the ground hard.

    More anti-bjj slurs? For shame!
    Again, you fail to read and comprehend. I've noticed that this is a recurring phenomenon with you. By "that gay ****", I wasn't referring to BJJ, I was referring to silly tippy tap front leg hook kicks that will invariably either land you on your ass, or do absolutely nothing to your opponent.

    Yes, there is.
    Just because you don't know what it is, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
    How familiar are you with Muay Thai rules?
    Last edited by The Question; 5/23/2008 9:24pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
  3. FickleFingerOfFate is offline
    FickleFingerOfFate's Avatar

    Guess which finger is the fickle one...

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Up in your grill.
    Posts
    5,645

    Posted On:
    5/23/2008 9:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    No, but I do know the rule sets for Muay Thai, which is what I believe the OP is addressing. Here below I have some evidence which might help us to an error free conclusion:



    Well, the evidence suggests that the OP was in fact talking about Muay Thai. It is my understanding that the Muay Thai rules allow, and some may say even highly encourage leg kicks.

    So if we are in fact talking about Muay Thai, which I believe we are, a front leg hook kick is a terrible idea.

    Why? Because at that range, you have your rear leg exposed and it will get the **** walloped out of it. And when that happens, you will hit the ground hard.

    Again, you fail to read and comprehend. I've noticed that this is a recurring phenomenon with you. By "that gay ****", I wasn't referring to BJJ, I was referring to silly tippy tap front leg hook kicks that will invariably either land you on your ass, or do absolutely nothing to your opponent.

    How familiar are you with Muay Thai rules?
    The discussion moved beyond the OP,

    obviously you are incapable of doing the same.



    Also, if we're going to examine the evidence;

    "The Question is really a retarded monkey banging on a keyboard"

    Lulz.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

    The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.


  4. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    5/23/2008 9:34pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FickleFingerOfFate
    The discussion moved beyond the OP,

    obviously you are incapable of doing the same.
    It is my understanding that Strikistan is a specialized forum and that staying on topic is highly encouraged, unlike say in YMAS or Trollsido.

    Also, if we're going to examine the evidence;

    "The Question is really a retarded monkey banging on a keyboard"

    Lulz.
    So in other words, I'm right, and you're wrong, and you're talking about monkeys? In the striking forum? What the ****?

    Tail firmly set between your legs I see. Run along then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
  5. FickleFingerOfFate is offline
    FickleFingerOfFate's Avatar

    Guess which finger is the fickle one...

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Up in your grill.
    Posts
    5,645

    Posted On:
    5/23/2008 9:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    It is my understanding that Strikistan is a specialized forum and that staying on topic is highly encouraged, unlike say in YMAS or Trollsido.


    So in other words, I'm right, and you're wrong, and you're talking about monkeys? In the striking forum? What the ****?

    Tail firmly set between your legs I see. Run along then.

    The topic is striking,

    That is what we were talking about.

    The review of your site ranking goes to your credibility on this, and most other subjects.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

    The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.


  6. G-Off is offline
    G-Off's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State College, PA
    Posts
    2,329

    Posted On:
    5/23/2008 9:48pm


     Style: Ronin wannabe

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut up. The front leg hook kick is generally a bad idea under most striking rules.

    To use it effectively, you must:

    1. Practice it an obscene amount to get any power, which could be better spent on more frequently applicable techniques.

    2. Set it up with multiple front leg side kicks (which are useful, but take more time and practice to master than the equally effective front push kick), or no-switch roundhouse kicks which also lack any sort of power. Only that setup gives you the outcome Kintanon described, with your opponent leaning into it and allowing you to hit the temple with a good amount of force.

    3. Cause your opponent to lose their balance/equilibrium, stun them or at least move them back. Causing a knockdown requires hitting the temple, the kick lacks the power to KO unless you hit that magic button.

    If you don't do #3, which requires both #1 and #2 having been done previously, you end up sideways to your opponent when the kick is blocked. That gives them a wide open low kick at your hamstrings AND a wide open straight punch to your temple. Front leg hook kick sucks when compared to many other kick techniques under any ruleset other than point sparring.

    So stop squabbling.
    Last edited by G-Off; 5/23/2008 9:51pm at .
  7. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    5/24/2008 2:26am

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off
    no-switch roundhouse kicks which also lack any sort of power.
    Is that a front/leading leg roundhouse or what? I've never heard of that "name" before.

    Because if it is a front leg roundhouse than you are either weak in kicking or you fail at the technique, or both at the same time.
  8. Sang is offline
    Sang's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,248

    Posted On:
    5/24/2008 3:35am


     Style: MMA, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use common sense, what do you do before throwing a roundhouse off your forward leg? Switch or step forward or fade.

    A no-switch roundhouse would logically be one of those weak arsed kicks where you lean back on your rear leg and throw the lead leg. Unless you are hitting the inner thigh its a completely worthless kick.

    I'd definately prefer to use a teep in any situation one of these kicks might be used, its a pity so many people don't know how to use them correctly.
  9. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    5/24/2008 8:04am

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang
    A no-switch roundhouse would logically be one of those weak arsed kicks where you lean back on your rear leg and throw the lead leg. Unless you are hitting the inner thigh its a completely worthless kick.
    Okay you are lacking propper technique...
  10. Sang is offline
    Sang's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,248

    Posted On:
    5/24/2008 9:33am


     Style: MMA, Yoga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally i barely know how to throw it since i don't waste my time using it. I'm a southpaw so i don't even get to use it to hit the inner thigh.

    The power in roundhouse kicks is generated by the hips swinging the leg like a baseball bat (as mentioned a thousand times anywhere you want to look), by having the leg forward you just can't generate any real power off that kick.

    Feel free to tell me what the proper technique is for a powerful, non-switching lead roundhouse. If you are only drawing on point sparring TKD i don't mean any offense but please don't bother.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.