United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 4:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungjaevel
    I think one of the reasons that wrestling coaches might be averse to their wrestlers getting laid is that it might distract you. I remember that when I was wrestling 12 hours a week, going and getting some instead of going to practice was sorely tempting.

your romo :p

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 10:54pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have much experience, but the biggest mistake I've made so far is taking it too easy during the week before the fight. I took 2 days completely off in the middle of the week and when I went back for the last training session, my legs felt like jelly after a couple bodyweight squats. Ended up going into the fight with extremely sore/fatigued shoulders and legs.

I feel a lot better physically if I just train every day at sort of a moderate intensity level, even the day before. Seems kind of obvious, but a lot of people were telling me to quit training so much and rest.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 11:19pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should maintain a light activity level, I usually do stretching, light jogging, light bodyweight stuff, light rolling up until the day before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 5:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My biggest problem before my last (and only tournament) was that I couldn't sleep the night before cause I couldn't stop thinking about the tournament don't know if it affected my performance though. I found listening what my coach had to say was really helpful, it actually helped me escape from an armbar using an escape I actually hadn't learnt before. Lack of experience proabbyl led to my loss as the guys spazzed and ended up in mount somehow. But yeh always listen to your coach I let my opponent get what seemed like a weak collar choke going even though my coach was saying dont let him get his other hand around etc. Found myself tapping out.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/29/2008 7:26am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bopinator: that's why almost everyone's advice will tell you to go see a movie, or go out on a date, or ANYTHING that's unrelated to the tournament the night before. You HAVE to get good sleep.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12