Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 8:15am

Style: MMA,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

where did bam bam get his rank?[MOD NOTE: rank confirmed]

i try to stay off these forums. i know that when you get on one, you have to be prepared for everyone to turn on you. but i gotta ask. who gave scott bam bam sullivan his rank of black-belt? he says he got rank from roberto mario. i googled "roberto mario." sure enough he has a nice website, with some great stills, and action shots. yet when i asked around no one knew who he was. i'm not saying, he's a fake or that bam bam is a fake. i'm sure that they are very bad-ass. another thing that puzzles me is they both have given themselves rank under "the roberto mario confederation of brazilian jiu-jitsu." who are they? and why did they choose to break away from CBJJ?

eveyone knows that it's a bitch to get rank in BJJ. i thought that the only 2 legitimate organizations were the machados and the CBJJ.

so i ask with all due respect, where does bam bam come from? has anyone ever seen this guy do BJJ? and who is the mysterious roberto mario? why did they break away from the main stream BJJ oragnizations? has bam bam been taking his students to locall tournaments? can his people fight? why doesn't he have any BJJ on his website.

having grown up in houston, those of us into BJJ all know each other. when some one new comes into town like leo xavier, or anderson leal, or tim credore (excuse my spelling) we all talk about him. we all find out pretty fast if he's for real.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 9:00am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From http://www.jiujitsuworld.com/blog/?m=200701&paged=2

Scott Sullivan’s “Greatest Hits”!

For those of you who are not familiar with Scott, he is a close friend of mine and an EXCELLENT kickboxer. I have seen a lot of good strikers, but nobody that kicks as hard as he does! Scott was also recently promoted to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt. Enjoy the video!

This dated January 2007 and is from Roberto Mario's site - this is indicative that Sullivan's promotion was not through Mario.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 9:03am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And here http://onthemat.com/belts_database.p...ils&beltid=826 seems to confirm his rank.

By process of elimination he earned it under Anibal Braga who is a 3rd degree black belt

Hope this helps...by the way it took me about 10 minutes. You really should learn to google better!
    Last edited by Hanniballistic; 5/22/2008 9:05am at .

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 12:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRINGO1
    why doesn't he have any BJJ on his website.
    He does:

http://www.bambammartialarts.com/muay-thai-Houston.asp

If you click on "Programs," you'll see that BJJ is offered every day, Monday through Friday.

When Pedro Alberto came to Houston, were you and the boys able to figure out who he got his black belt from?

Good to see you again, GRINGO1!

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 12:44pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, it's Mario Roberto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 12:48pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Scott's website:

Scott began to study Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under various big names like Rickson Gracie, Relson Gracie, Royce Gracie, and John and Carlos Machado. Eventually however, he went with his close friend and jiu jitsu extraordinaire Mario Roberto, president of the Mario Roberto Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association and black belt protégé of Anibal Braga, as his primary instructor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 10:42pm

Style: MMA,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first of all, i think that pedro got his rank under roberto travren. he started teaching while going to u of h, law school. i should mention that non of this means anything to me. pedro has never competed in bjj. in fact he left brazil as a brown belt, and got off the plane as a black belt. roberto travren went on to get his arm broken by a purple belt named frank mirr in the ufc.

as for bam bam, why doesn't he show a little bjj on his website. i'm sure that if he could kick my ass in kickboxing. i would like to know what level grappler he is. for that matter i would like to see mario roberto do some bjj. what has he won? shoot fighting doesn't count. becaus everyone knows that a lot of that stuff is fake. as for anabal braga, (no disrespect) but as far as i know he got his rank as a referee.

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 12:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRINGO1
    first of all, i think that pedro got his rank under roberto travren.
    Yay! You did it!

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...?FighterID=142

in fact he [Pedro Alberto] left brazil as a brown belt, and got off the plane as a black belt.
    So Eric Williams got his black belt from a guy who was a brown belt?

http://www.elite-martial-arts.com/lineage.htm

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 11:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well?

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 11:30pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train under Scott Sullivan and I think he's a pretty cool guy.....

sure a hell of a lot better than bushi ban's "master zuhair", now THAT guy's a fraud.

The only things I can say about Bam Bam is that it lacks conditioning, it's fairly new so the ammount of badasses in there is lacking...lot of n00bs want to parthner up and don't hold pads right...

and we dont ever do any shrimping in our BJJ class.....

I hope somebody can tell me why the **** are they saying shootfighting's fake and if this guy is worth me spending money and commuting to.

I mean...is elite martial arts supposed to be better? is there a milethich fighting system anywhere in houston?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast