Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 1:36pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    I judged a show last night and for some reason was stuck sitting in the red corner. One of the fighters had an armbar and the guy's corner yelled at him to "break it".

That kind of pissed me off, to be honest.
    There are instances where it might piss me off as well but then again I also agree with E Vans tactics.

In grappling tournaments while I suppose you are within your rights to crank hard all in all it seems like poor sportsmanship.

This is a heavy burden to carry for a mma submission fighter. Strikers don't really need to worry about how hard they hit you and wrestlers don't worry about how hard they slam you, on the contrary they want to slam or hit you as hard as possible.

In Nicks case I would't have faulted him for cranking the knee bar because CB seems like somebody you would have to be willing to kill to defeat. He is also not just fighting a fight , he is fighting for his dreams of being in the UFC.

I don't envy anyone who has to decide if their vicotory is worth the other persons career or ability to train.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielson

In Nicks case I would't have faulted him for cranking the knee bar because CB seems like somebody you would want to kill, due to his douchey-ness

fixed/QFT

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 1:46pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    fixed/QFT
    I think that might have been what I actually meant to say.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 11:54pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CB comments on episode 8, and acknowledges he's a douchebag:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...nkie&type=lgns

When they begin telling the background information on Nick and myself, they used footage of us training over time. Our fight was immediately after Pat and Cale Yarborough’s bout, which aired last week. I wish I could sit here and somehow blame me talking in third person on the editing, but CB can’t lie; CB pulled the “douche-bag card” out on national TV.
    He also acknowledges the tight spot he was in with the kneebar:

When he got me in the knee-bar, I was in trouble. I felt the knee ligaments stretching, and if I didn’t do something quickly, my chance at winning was going to be over. That was the only time he had me in serious trouble, but it was indeed serious.

In my mind I said, “He almost knee barred me.” And at that point I decided this was a tough fight and walking through Nick wasn’t going to happen. He was here to win the show, and if that meant tearing off my knee, he was down for it.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910