5/26/2008 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    READ THIS CAREFULLY.

Quote Originally Posted by metodi
    Well ok I am asking out of curiosity.
    Too bad then. If it was because you were looking for ways to train, we could have helped you. But if it is for pure curiosity without any applications, then stop. We are not here to amuse your curiosity. This is not a playground.

And I am not saying that the proteins make your titties grow but I am rather saying that the skin that was covering your titties for a few years might stay stretched
    Are you claiming that the comsuption of protein supplements produced the sagging chests of 60-year old Arnold?

More to the point, this you said:

yep rw4th has a point there... and no synthetic proteins do not make you old but rather make u put on a bra when you are old look at this it's lovely ----> http://a6.vox.com/6a00e398b56c390001...6e760005-500pi

Are you actually telling me that your PROOF of this claim is this picture of a 60-year old former bodybuilder? Of a 60-year old man?

Maybe you are not aware of this, but here, you are under the obligation to support your posts and opinions with fact.

You said that synthetic proteins do not make you old but rather make u put on a bra when you are old (your own words). You have until 3:43AM Helsinki time to prove this is a factual statement or retract it.

I have an answer for you why Arnold looks like that today, and no, I'm not going to tell you this. Do your homework and research accordingly before talking erroneous crap as fact.

3:43AM Helsinki time.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 12:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Smart Assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to satisfy curiosity: my friends and i do the WOD from crossfit along with weight training

Now please get off the interwebs

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 8:46pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a 15 year old, my weightlifting regiment currently consists of powerlifts (deadlifts, squats, bench press, military press) along with auxiliary lifts (curls, press downs, calf raises, prone lat raises). It's pretty much exactly like an adult regiment.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/27/2008 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Technically the press would be an old olympic lift rather than a powerlift, but otherwise that's the right thing to be focusing on for most young lifters. Stuart McRobert's "Brawn" touches on this really well.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 7:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well this thread seems to have run aground the only thing i'd like to add is that:

When training kids, keep in mind that they often cannot tell what is too much for their joints or what is really hurting them.

I speak from experience. i started MA's when i was 8-9 years old and i didnt have much guidance. I overtrained a LOT (2-3 hours a day 6 days a week for 4-5 years) and now i have arthritis in my knee and shoulder. I also had Osgood-Schlatters in my knees, which came from overuse as I grew. All of my problems manifested when i was 13-14 and i grew from 5"3 - 6"0 over a 5 month period.

Prior to my growth spurt i thought everything was hunky dory. I guess a lot of it has to do with soft growth plates that are at the ends of every bone in your body as a kid. they get a lot of abuse and without rest, you end up as a 22 year old with arthritic joints.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123