Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 1:51pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When my son was in TKD , they did a lot of cardio movements and during sparring, they were always encouraged to do a lot of kicking. He's pretty much used to doing a lot of kicks and other movements. I have been working with him as far as his speed and doing some boxing combinations and his learning these well. As far as weights, I have not encouraged that due to his age ( 8) because I want his joints to develope properly before he does anything strenuous as far as weights. My current focus on developemnt is on his agility, flexbility and being able to do what is required since he now has the chance to go into a beginners Jiu Jitsu at his dojo . I figured with everything that he does, his muscles should develope fine on their own..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 5:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: AIKIDO,jujutsu,kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How were his knees doing during kicking the first few times?
    Last edited by metodi; 5/26/2008 1:09am at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 9:22pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by metodi
    Thank you this is all very useful. I do not really get it why teens and kids are usually better at body lift exercises but it is true. But that is not true for almost everybody, my friend at school is really skinny but he can do a lot more pull ups than me I however have a lot more muscle on my hands compared to my body but i can do half what he does with his own weight and i can lift him up very easily and i can lift up more weight than him. And I forgot to ask what sort of things should they aim at?
    Ok, stop here.

What is the purpose of this thread? Are you trying to accomplish something, do you have a specific goal, or is this simply purely playground curiosity?

And what school are you referring to? University? High School?

I am sorry if this question has arisen before aswell but there are hundreds of pages in the physical training forum.
    Did you check the sticky thread? How did you perform your search?
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 5/25/2008 9:26pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 9:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Ok, stop here.

What is the purpose of this thread? Are you trying to accomplish something, do you have a specific goal, or is this simply purely playground curiosity?

And what school are you referring to? University? High School?
    Haven't you figured it out? He's the middle schooler that wants to start lifting weights. Whenever some says 'friend', they really mean themselves.

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 9:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then he better come clean and ask for help and suggestions instead of stating that protein produces gynecomastia and treating these threads like a playground.

No BS Martial Arts - View Single Post - A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... protein gave me bitch titties!!11

^^^ metodi, see the link above; 24 hours.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 1:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey in no way I meant myself when I said i can lift my friend up easily. This thread is about training younger people and not trying to make fun of me I have trained with dumbells for 2 years already and I have done martial arts for 3 years I think I am fine with strength but my mistake was when I fucked up the (C2) of the cervical vertebrae with them. My friend he does parcours and he weighs 20 something kg less than me (no i am not fat or tall) so this is why I can lift him up. And my goal is to turn them into MMA fighter. Have you written with which to help train the younger people??? Because most people in this thread already have so there is info about... weightlifting, punchbag advice, when to start martial arts at what age to move on to jujutsu, joints of people. How are you going to contribute?
    Well I searched it yes but I completely forgot about the sticky thread sorry my bad.
    Last edited by metodi; 5/26/2008 1:39am at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have trained with dumbells for 2 years already and I have done martial arts for 3 years I think I am fine with strength but my mistake was when I fucked up the (C2) of the cervical vertebrae with them.
    woah training with dumbbells for a whole 2 years, you are teh extreme!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 1:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is about training young people not making fun of me. Look at the title before you write things like those. I train every single day and go to the gym twice per week don't make fun of me. I know you people do a lot more excercise and fighting I know that and this is the reason I asked this question in bullshido not anywhere else I have respect for eveyrbody here but please have some respect to me as well please. I am just saying I am not such a big noob not that I am almighty and great.

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 8:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    metodi, you have about 12 hours left to explain the link between protein consumption and gynecomastia : No BS Martial Arts - View Single Post - A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... protein gave me bitch titties!!11

Also, if you are truly interested in knowing how kids get trained for martial arts, well, it depends on the MA in question. You do not train a kid in Judo the same way as in boxing. Training children is one thing, but once you hit your 12-13 year, you should be able to train just like an adult UNDER PROFESSIONAL SUPERVISION.

If after training two years with dumbbells (how does one train with dumbells?) you are still asking how many reps should a person squat for, yes, you are a big noob.

And I wouldn't have a problem with a noob like you, unless you go around around talking crap, arguing with people that know more than you, telling them that protein causes gynecomastia. I am not going to have people posting retarded crap on these forums.

You have 12 hours left from the time of this post; that is, you have until 8:43PM EST (3:43AM Helsinki time) to prove to me that gynecomastia is caused by protein supplements.

Now, going back to this thread: you said that it is about training young people.

Question #1) Training for what? Are you talking about training as in weight/strength training?

Question #2) Why are you interested in that? I asked you this, but you have not answered it.

A. Are you training kids?
    B. The questions are for you, that is, you want to know how you should train?
    C. Is it merely curiosity?

Please answer these two questions. Then, you may be able to get better answers.

ps. I'm still holding you responsible for proving that protein supplements produce gynecomastia (aka bitch tits). If you cannot prove that to me by 3:43AM Helsinki time, just retract that statement and we will forget about the whole issue.

Seriously, I'm not going to have urban legend crap being posted here as fact.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2008 8:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well ok I am asking out of curiosity. And I am not saying that the proteins make your titties grow but I am rather saying that the skin that was covering your titties for a few years might stay stretched. And arnold does not have bitch tits but the skin over them is quite loose which I find disturbing. I would train the younger people in both strength and martial arts this is why any sort of advice would be accepted about training them. So please tell me about both this is widening the amount of information you can give me so it should be easier. And you can give me information about both boxing and judo. I do have a list with all the exercises you can do with the dumbbells but the amount of reps I do compared to the ones described on the list are giant It says I have to do 10 reps a day from that type with 10kg... well i do 70 in 1 go twice a day. BTW look at the difference between what arnold has-
    http://a6.vox.com/6a00e398b56c390001...6e760005-500pi THIS
    and bitch tits
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia THIS

by the way if I have mixed up big gynecomastia titties with loose titties that is my mistake i am sorry I made it punish me.
    Last edited by metodi; 5/26/2008 8:27am at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast