Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 9:56am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwdown0850
    have you ever been to a Kyokushin tourney?? if you can kick someone in the head who knows that it is probably coming and is resisting 100% and it still lands, then that makes it effecive.. high kicks work, its all about the setup.
    Yep.

YouTube - Kyokushin Karate Jodan Mawashi Geri KOs

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 2:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have studied kyokushin and I'm not saying high kicks are useless just that they're not as practical as lower kicks. I have also placed grand champion at full contact kyokushin tournies not using 1 high kick.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lonedragon01
    I have studied kyokushin and I'm not saying high kicks are useless....

Yes you are:

High kicks are a waste of time unless the other guy is very tired, they take too long, waste energy,and can leave you off balance.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 4:12pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have studied kyokushin and I'm not saying high kicks are useless just that they're not as practical as lower kicks. I have also placed grand champion at full contact kyokushin tournies not using 1 high kick.
    If you send some evidence for this we can proabbly get you tag. I'm pretty sure there is at least a Kyokushin Black Belt tag. If not that we can get you an amateur fighter tag if you are still active.

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 8:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said "waste of time unless the other guy is tired", not useless. most high kick knock outs come after being worn down by other techniques. To start off head hunting is foolish in my opinion and maybe thats just me. I know the facts and I'll stick with what works for me.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you provide some evidence of your accomplishments as WhiteShark suggested buddy? That'd be cool.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 10:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Could you provide some evidence of your accomplishments as WhiteShark suggested buddy? That'd be cool.
    Yeah, I'll be holding my breath on that one.

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 10:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Straight kicks just above the belt to maintain distance were very useful for me. Side kick and thrust front kick both saw lots of use. Stopping someone hard just once early while they're coming in makes them worry about getting past that the rest of the fight.

My feeling towards high kicks is that they are impractical and dangerous, unless they connect, in which case they're really good.

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 11:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas
    Straight kicks just above the belt to maintain distance were very useful for me. Side kick and thrust front kick both saw lots of use. Stopping someone hard just once early while they're coming in makes them worry about getting past that the rest of the fight.

My feeling towards high kicks is that they are impractical and dangerous, unless they connect, in which case they're really good.
    So, high kicks suck unless they work, in which case they're good. Great analysis there.

I'd agree about push kicks though.

Posted On:
    7/08/2008 12:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I was done with proving and explaining myself awhile ago, but I keep falling into the debating and arguing trap. You know what? everybody has their own opinions. So the best thing to do is experiment and find what works for you and stick with it, whether it be high kicks, low kicks , BJJ, Boxing,or what have you (sorry if I left anyones particular style out). there is no best #1 do it all style of fighting out there.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast